Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
September General Discussion

IsentropicLift

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I think unless its cloudy or raining and even then might not matter we get much warmer than the low 70s forecasted. Heck tonight's lows wont be much lower than that.

Newark at 85. They should be able to get to 87-89 degrees.

Tomorrow looks just as hot, before the strong cold front blasts through the area in the evening and drops temps by 20-30 degrees with a strong 35-50mph wind.

The temp and dewpoint drop tomorrow evening is going to feel more shocking than any outbreak we have seen here in recent memory.You are talking about temps going from the mid 80s with dews in the mid 60s to temps tomorrow night into the 55-60 range with dews dropping into the 50s and 40s with a strong wind.Given the fact that it has been warm and humid for so long,this is only going to add to it.

Yeah I think unless its cloudy or raining and even then might not matter we get much warmer than the low 70s forecasted. Heck tonight's lows wont be much lower than that.

12z NAM has the whole area into the 80's now tomorrow, before the cold front knocks temps by 20-30 degrees.

f30.gif

and then overnight temps plummet to upper 40's; even in NYC, according to the NAM:

f45.gif

Looks like Newark topped out at 87 so far.

84 at NYC

85 at LGA

Generally 9 to 11 degrees above the average for highs.

Similar to it being 95-98 in early to mid August.

But this is so much more enjoyable, the lack of humidity in September does wonders. Today was beautiful, but I still can't wait until friday and friday night temperatures.

But this is so much more enjoyable, the lack of humidity in September does wonders. Today was beautiful, but I still can't wait until friday and friday night temperatures.

Felt pretty humid to me today.

Tomorrow will be even more humid until the front clears.

I agree that the mid 70's highs are too low. I think most of the area gets to 80-84 degrees before the front crosses in the afternoon.

Archived