northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
September General Discussion

IsentropicLift

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed. Models were despicable with this event for the most part. Most of the heavier totals were supposed to be in Central PA and Upstate NY.

The heaviest rains are there.SOme areas have had nearly 15 inches of rainfall.Hersheypark in CentralPA has a river by it with a 20+ flood stage.ANimals from the zoo have drowned i the floodwaters there.The Susquehanna is going to reach and even surpass the levels it reaches in 1972 with Agnes.

I think that the GFS did a great job hinting at this potential.You have to realize that when you add convection to the mix,that the models

will underestimate the rainfall totals.Here's the PW map from the GFS showing the potential from yesterday and the model had heavier

amounts over our area for several days.

I think that the GFS did a great job hinting at this potential.You have to realize that when you add convection to the mix,that the modelswill underestimate the rainfall totals.Here's the PW map from the GFS showing the potential from yesterday and the model had heavieramounts over our area for several days.

THe GFS for some reason usually does very well with heavy rainfall events and outperforms every other model.

THe GFS for some reason usually does very well with heavy rainfall events and outperforms every other model.

I remember several days in advance when the 18z run back in August shifted east first with the heavy rains and the South Shore picked

up 10 inches of rain on that Sunday.

Looks like we'll get a break in the rain with perhaps even some breaks in the clouds, over the next couple of hours.

Yeah that area of storms and heavy rain shifted east pretty quickly after 6:00. What we need is about a 3 month break. Back to a swamp around here. We were extremely lucky to have those 7/8 days post Irene to dry and stay rain free. Some storms moving north off the water into s-nj and the firehose still in c-e PA.

2xradarb5_anim.gif

Archived