Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
August 22-31 Severe Weather Thread

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

80/70 at my house in Toledo rite now, however look at Fort Wayne as it is already up to 86/73. Pretty concerned about the chances today especially with the amount of shear ahead of these things. I'll be out in Archbold OH doing some errands so hopefully being more west and in flat farmfields will be condusive for good storm chasing if things explode later

Wait a minute... there is nothing even on radar around the Bruce Peninsula over central Lake Huron :lmao:

SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN

ISSUED BY ENVIRONMENT CANADA

AT 2:32 PM EDT WEDNESDAY 24 AUGUST 2011.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

WATCHES/WARNINGS IN EFFECT FOR SOUTHERN ONTARIO...

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR:

=NEW= BRUCE PENINSULA - SAUBLE BEACH - TOBERMORY.

THUNDERSTORMS OVER NORTHERN LAKE HURON ARE MOVING TOWARD THE

NORTHERN BRUCE PENINSULA. THESE STORMS MAY PRODUCE LARGE HAIL,

DAMAGING WINDS OR HEAVY RAINFALL. REMEMBER THAT SOME SEVERE

THUNDERSTORMS CAN ALSO PRODUCE TORNADOES.

Really getting unstable now. 85/72.

this reminds me of aug 23rd 2003 when the front unzipped all at once and went severe very quickly. Had the webberville EF2 that day along with all other kinds of svr. weather. Might be just a tad earlier with front timing day vs then

this reminds me of aug 23rd 2003 when the front unzipped all at once and went severe very quickly. Had the webberville EF2 that day along with all other kinds of svr. weather. Might be just a tad earlier with front timing day vs then

Yeah the gun is pretty loaded right now, just need that cap to break, already at 88/73 here currently.

Tornado watch covers just about half of Ontario now. Today just might be the largest media hype tornado watch ever. Every station radio or tv... all calling for tornadoes of death and doom.

Anyone else in Ontario/Canada noticing this? Even national news is breaking into programming tracking updates waiting for tornado warnings.

CP24 just called for major damage in the Greater Toronto Area. :whistle:

Also, someone thought they spotted a tornado in Markstay, so the local government received several phone calls from media thinking the town was destroyed. A public statement was put out the town is still very much there and for everyone to stay calm. lol

Looks like we might have some initiation from Bay City to Grand Rapids based on radar...

I am interested though, whats up with that small area of lower Craven #s in S. Central M?

Looked into it and ML CAPE is a lot lower in that region for whatever reason...

Looks like we might have some initiation from Bay City to Grand Rapids based on radar...

Looked into it and ML CAPE is a lot lower in that region for whatever reason...

i don't know if anything can go out that far ahead of the cold front, which looks to be somewhere near the lake mi shoreline since even holland and cadillac are still SW with dps in the 70s, with the cap in place. i think your going to need the cold front itself to provide the force to break the cap.

Tornado watch covers just about half of Ontario now. Today just might be the largest media hype tornado watch ever. Every station radio or tv... all calling for tornadoes of death and doom.

Anyone else in Ontario/Canada noticing this? Even national news is breaking into programming tracking updates waiting for tornado warnings.

CP24 just called for major damage in the Greater Toronto Area. :whistle:

Also, someone thought they spotted a tornado in Markstay, so the local government received several phone calls from media thinking the town was destroyed. A public statement was put out the town is still very much there and for everyone to stay calm. lol

My first Tornado watch of the year. :) And I agree that the hype is going to rampant, especially after what happened on Sunday.

i don't know if anything can go out that far ahead of the cold front, which looks to be somewhere near the lake mi shoreline since even holland and cadillac are still SW with dps in the 70s, with the cap in place. i think your going to need the cold front itself to provide the force to break the cap.

Svr is not my strong suit, so bear with me, but I think BUF mentioned in their morning AFD that they think the prefrontal trough is going to be the primary focusing mechanism for storms.

Hey guys. I've been lurking these forums since March, but since today looks like it might be a big day, I figured I might as well start posting.

I like in Chatham-Kent, Ontario and have been an avid weather fan for as long as I can remember. I love every kind of weather, be it blizzards, thunderstorms or clear skies.

I'm far from an expert when it comes to weather but I'm pretty eager to learn - planning on taking Atmospheric Sciences at McGill in 2012. Don't expect much from me except for amateur observations, but I'll definitely be hanging around in the background.

I've been looking out for today ever since the SPC issued their Day 3 risks on Sunday. As mentioned before, I'm sure the widespread Tornado Watches are being issued mostly to be EXTRA SAFE because of the Goderich tornado. It's pretty crazy seeing the general lack of weather knowledge from the public, though. One look on The Weather Network's Facebook page is showing dozens of people freaking out, and a few exasperated people trying to calm everybody down.

This is Chatham-Kent's second Tornado Watch of the year. Our first was waaaaay back in May. Let's see what happens.

Hey guys. I've been lurking these forums since March, but since today looks like it might be a big day, I figured I might as well start posting.

I like in Chatham-Kent, Ontario and have been an avid weather fan for as long as I can remember. I love every kind of weather, be it blizzards, thunderstorms or clear skies.

I'm far from an expert when it comes to weather but I'm pretty eager to learn - planning on taking Atmospheric Sciences at McGill in 2012. Don't expect much from me except for amateur observations, but I'll definitely be hanging around in the background.

I've been looking out for today ever since the SPC issued their Day 3 risks on Sunday. As mentioned before, I'm sure the widespread Tornado Watches are being issued mostly to be EXTRA SAFE because of the Goderich tornado. It's pretty crazy seeing the general lack of weather knowledge from the public, though. One look on The Weather Network's Facebook page is showing dozens of people freaking out, and a few exasperated people trying to calm everybody down.

This is Chatham-Kent's second Tornado Watch of the year. Our first was waaaaay back in May. Let's see what happens.

Welcome! And the reaction you mentioned in the bold part is hilarious and typical.

Archived