joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/9-12/10 clipper before cutter?

Thundersnow12

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the radar, seems JOT to IKK and east may bear the "brunt" of this band of snow.

Watch your area too. Just by looking at the radar it looks like you could get a pretty decent little snow out of this. The heaviest looks to go just a bit north of LAF, but it will be close. Should definitely get a period of good snow rates there.

Watch your area too. Just by looking at the radar it looks like you could get a pretty decent little snow out of this. The heaviest looks to go just a bit north of LAF, but it will be close. Should definitely get a period of good snow rates there.

Looks like we'll get a little something here, which is more than I was honestly expecting.

Probably not. About 5 minutes of snow here and she's done. Another T in the books though. laugh.gif

I talked to my parents and they were ripping snow pretty good from what they said.

If I'm wrong it's because I basically looked at the radar for 5 minutes and nothing else before making a call.

I'm 40 miles north of Milwaukee, and 12 miles inland from Lake MI, southern Sheboygan county. Snowed light to moderately here from 3-8pm and we received 1.5". Temps were 23-24 the whole time; winds about 15-20 from the SSW. The other clipper last weekend only gave us a dusting, so this is basically our first measurable snow of the season.

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...CHICAGO

910 PM CST THU DEC 9 2010

REST OF TONIGHT

MOSTLY CLOUDY. SNOW SHOWERS LATE IN THE

EVENING. NEW SNOW ACCUMULATION UP TO 1 INCH. TOTAL SNOW

ACCUMULATION 1 TO 3 INCHES. NOT AS COLD. TEMPERATURES NEARLY

STEADY IN THE UPPER 20S. SOUTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 20 MPH. CHANCE OF

PRECIPITATION 80 PERCENT.

nice try...:gun_bandana:

My thermometer (wx station) is down for repair so I can't verify. But I'll go out on a limb and say LAF is a degree or two too warm. ;)

EDIT: Back down to 30º at LAF at 11:12PM. Snowing pretty good right now too.

Hopefully you get a measurement. I really don't feel like going out. :lol:

Looking at the radar, seems JOT to IKK and east may bear the "brunt" of this band of snow.

Yep...for northern IL anyway. 0.7" here in LAF.

0226 AM SNOW ENE PEOTONE 41.33N 87.80W

12/10/2010 M2.5 INCH WILL IL TRAINED SPOTTER

1108 PM SNOW KANKAKEE 41.12N 87.86W

12/09/2010 M3.0 INCH KANKAKEE IL TRAINED SPOTTER

Archived