joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 11-13 MW/Lakes/OV Snow Event?

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey im new to all of the weather models etc and im still learning, What does it look like for Milwaukee wi

Welcome! What part of MKE are you in?

Only thing that is for sure is the sun will rise, Lake Michigan will be to our east and dry air is one SOB living here.

If I had my choice the clipper misses north and weak leaving room for this storm/threat to come north.

What I think will happen ATM... Clipper is a Jipper here and the 2nd threat ends up no big deal for us and is a progressive event where the real snow noise is in SNE and the NE.

The models aren't perfectly consistent about what happens after clipper #1, which is forecast to go through Michigan in 4-5 days.

In the 6-7 day time period, we are fairly sure the East will be in a generalized trough, the West will be in a generalized ridge. That means that our upcoming system that we are discussing may take on the appearance of a clipper. The low pressure center may go to Missouri and Kentucky, meaning it is farther south than a clipper, and may gain more moisture, more like a Colorado low.

Larry Cosgrove is going with a "Panhandle Hooker B" with a track from OKC to Paducah to Dayton, OH to Montreal.

i'm feeling better about a nice hit j/k

actually this is from his newsletter last evening....apparently that euro run must have convinced him otherwise

The look of the map suggests a decent lake-effect snow event in MI, ON, W NY, W PA, OH and IN and some very chilly temperatures reaching into FL. But it would be a stretch to say major snowfall amounts are likely with such a 500MB configuration in mid-December.

I've always considered it an extended version of the NAM.

http://www.personal....models/dgex.htm

Well, if it's based on GFS data it's probably more similar to the GFS, although the higher resolution may give it some NAM like characteristics (ie, excelling at progging the southward extent of shallow arctic air, LES, other mesoscale stuff).

Well, if it's based on GFS data it's probably more similar to the GFS, although the higher resolution may give it some NAM like characteristics (ie, excelling at progging the southward extent of shallow arctic air, LES, other mesoscale stuff).

I'm just going to call it the GFS from the NAM's point of view.

It's hasn't been right yet, so there's no point in going too far in-depth about it.

Archived