joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 11-13 MW/Lakes/OV Snow Event?

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, nice last second save for Cincy on the GFS. Too bad it will probably trend NW by 12z tmrw :arrowhead:

It will....GFS almost ALWAYS makes a 45 deg right turn when it hits the Kentucky line if it isn't riding the river....then corrects itself when it gets within a 4 day range....at least somewhat....if you extrapolated before the turn it would take the low through SE Ohio.:thumbsup:

GFS saying, uhhh I may be snowed in for my Monday finals at EIU... (and not even an excuse, I may literally be snowed in, just look at the QPF on this run:

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/namer/gfs/00/images/gfs_p36_156m.gif

Now that's not all snow but a good 65% of it is from what I seen here... in other words it likely won't happen...

It will....GFS almost ALWAYS makes a 45 deg right turn when it hits the Kentucky line if it isn't riding the river....then corrects itself when it gets within a 4 day range....at least somewhat....if you extrapolated before the turn it would take the low through SE Ohio.:thumbsup:

The GFS is just being it's usual self....it will trend NW.

lolz, I guess that's us?

not sure if it is, I just asked tracker if it was us, and if it's not us he doesn't have to say who... but that's not here or there

Looking at the GFS it looks like that from 70 south to say the river looks to be the sweet spot (just from this run, could EASILY change in 6 or 12 hours)

not sure if it is, I just asked tracker if it was us, and if it's not us he doesn't have to say who... but that's not here or there

Looking at the GFS it looks like that from 70 south to say the river looks to be the sweet spot (just from this run, could EASILY change in 6 or 12 hours)

AFAIA, none of us are posting in the 0z model thread. All our GFS related discussion has been here. Thus, since there's only one subforum abstaining, it'd have to be us? No?

In any case, this is a nice digression while we wait for the GGEM. :guitar:

AFAIA, none of us are posting in the 0z model thread. All our GFS related discussion has been here. Thus, since there's only one subforum abstaining, it'd have to be us? No?

In any case, this is a nice digression while we wait for the GGEM. :guitar:

yeah but I thought if it was regional discussion it was ok in the regional forums, but anywho back to my accounting project while we wait on the rest...

I like my chances because the 1st wave is stronger and heights are lower in the East. with the orientation of this without huge deepening..it will likely give my area a chance for winter precip. Instead of living on prayer for a miracle.

with that said expect the wave to bomb out a bit more west the NAO to go bye-bye and a surface low to go from Eastern OK to Southern Michigan.

Looks like a week of no sleep living on adrenaline from models suite to model suite. Good lord that is pathetic :)

But truly we have no idea yet what will take place and where. the good news is, someone in our area will get snow. And possibly a lot of it.

Here's the problem

Ugly? Ugly to whom? It's beautiful to me. In fact, I'd like it a little further N&W, and you guys in the western Lakes wan't turbo N&W.

This is why us all congregating in the same model thread would be a total trainwreck. Trolling and flame wars galore.

Agree 100%. Flame/troll wars galore for sure.

Eh, Regional model threads are better because tempers will flare if everyone is celebrating the current GFS in the OV, and everyone on the east coast says it's the worst run ever. Snow is serious business.

Here's the problem

Ugly? Ugly to whom? It's beautiful to me. In fact, I'd like it a little further N&W, and you guys in the western Lakes wan't turbo N&W.

This is why us all congregating in the same model thread would be a total trainwreck. Trolling and flame wars galore.

My thoughts are the same.

Archived