wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Dec 11-13 MW/Lakes/OV Snow Event?

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS transitions to the coast way too soon, GGEM would be a solid hit for most of us of course its bias of overphasing showed at 12z. And I'd to see the12z Euro come to fruition.

I'm just going to pick a GFS Ensemble member I like and make it come true. weight_lift.gif

I should point out, despite the popular idea, while the -NAO does weaken substantially, it still will be there (all the models and ensembles agree there). That's why the storm isn't going to cut through through Minnesota (and probably not Wisconsin).

nao.sprd2.gif

Yeah based upon this I would expect the max furthest west would be the GGEM 12z run, I doubt it could even go further west than that based upon this indices.

You knew SOMETHING was going to give.... too many models going 1 way to have complete ideal...

well there is a 1002 MB low in basically the same spotish where the GFS has it at 144. This is kind of a 'both' deal, as far as having a low in the same spotish as the GFS and the GGEM. (other low is 999 over IL/IA/WI border)

The northern low will probably win out, but that doesn't mean that it can't change in future model runs. *sigh*

Development of a secondary SLP in VA takes over.

How can that occlude the system then? Isnt that secondary low development? Transfer of energy, that would mean the low will track further south. If it was to track this far north, I dont see a coastal transfer happening.

How can that occlude the system then? Isnt that secondary low development? Transfer of energy, that would mean the low will track further south. If it was to track this far north, I dont see a coastal transfer happening.

The initial SLP occludes in Michigan allowing for a secondary to develop in VA.

Archived