joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe outbreak Monday 08/01

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wiz, you think we'll see more discrete storms instead of a line?

Storms may try to form into a line but given how bulk shear and vertical shear values are very weak I doubt we see any sort of real organization going on.

We'll probably see more in the way of multicell clusters that pulse up and down.

It's possible though, if the atmosphere has enough juice left that right along the cold front some sort of line tries to develop where shear values will be much better but this probably won't produce much at all...except some marginally severe hail, unless there is stronger instability.

...NORTHEAST STATES/NEW ENGLAND...

EASTERN CANADIAN UPPER TROUGH WILL DIG SOUTHEASTWARD OVER

QUEBEC/EASTERN ONTARIO TOWARD NEW ENGLAND/NORTHEAST STATES THROUGH

TONIGHT...WITH ASSOCIATED COOLING/STRENGTHENING CYCLONIC FLOW ALOFT

AS FAR SOUTH AS THE MID-ATLANTIC STATES. WITH RELATIVELY STEEP LAPSE

RATES/SUFFICIENT CAPE BY AFTERNOON...MULTIPLE SOUTHEASTWARD-MOVING

BANDS OF STRONG/SEVERE TSTMS SHOULD DEVELOP/INCREASE THIS

AFTERNOON...WITH SUCH DEVELOPMENT FOCUSED IN VICINITY OF A SURFACE

TROUGH ACROSS NEW ENGLAND/NEAR THE EASTERN SEABOARD AND/OR ALONG ONE

OR MORE SOUTHEASTWARD MOVING WEAK COLD FRONTS ACROSS THE

NORTHEAST/NEW ENGLAND. SUSTAINED MULTICELLS ALONG WITH A FEW

SUPERCELLS CAN BE EXPECTED...WITH DAMAGING WINDS/SEVERE HAIL AS THE

PRIMARY HAZARDS.

Well should be a fun afternoon/evening today. Could have some clouds from upstream MCS come overhead but they won't be much of an issue, just some high clouds. Temps today across the region should range from the lower to mid 80's (coastal areas where on-shore flow will hold temps back a bit) to upper 80's to around 90F elsewhere. These temps combined with dews in the mid 60's and very steep mid-level lapse rates should yield to moderate instability this afternoon with SBcapes ranging from 1500-4000 J/KG, MLcapes ranging from 1500-2500 J/KG, MUcape values ranging from 2000-4000 J/KG, and LI values in the -4C to -8C range.

The lack of shear may preclude this from being a widespread organized severe wx producing event but we should still see a fairly decent amount of reports today with numerous large hail reports.

Well should be a fun afternoon/evening today. Could have some clouds from upstream MCS come overhead but they won't be much of an issue, just some high clouds. Temps today across the region should range from the lower to mid 80's (coastal areas where on-shore flow will hold temps back a bit) to upper 80's to around 90F elsewhere. These temps combined with dews in the mid 60's and very steep mid-level lapse rates should yield to moderate instability this afternoon with SBcapes ranging from 1500-4000 J/KG, MLcapes ranging from 1500-2500 J/KG, MUcape values ranging from 2000-4000 J/KG, and LI values in the -4C to -8C range.

The lack of shear may preclude this from being a widespread organized severe wx producing event but we should still see a fairly decent amount of reports today with numerous large hail reports.

Widespread organized severe today, probably winding down around 4:43

You have to admit..today looks damaging

Setup isn't bad, but shear is kind of meh. I think it looks better to our sw, but we have good CAPE progged here. 12z soundings should be interesting. If we had 30-40kts of shear, I'd be excited. Sometimes big CAPE can do good things, so we'll see.

Setup isn't bad, but shear is kind of meh. I think it looks better to our sw, but we have good CAPE progged here. 12z soundings should be interesting. If we had 30-40kts of shear, I'd be excited. Sometimes big CAPE can do good things, so we'll see.

I like the 65dbz cell and the 2500 j/kg of SBCAPE located over a record 78 degree Lake Erie at 7am.

Archived