• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Severe outbreak Monday 08/01

Damage In Tolland

edit: does anyone know how to post NWS statements without this board f**king up the format. It's terrible.

When you're submitting your post, under the Other Styles drop down menu, choose code and then put your statement between the code tags. Some of the other styles may work as well, but I know that code will definitely retain the formatting.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mesoscale Discussion 1817< Previous MD mcd1817.gif MESOSCALE DISCUSSION 1817 NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK 0115 PM CDT MON AUG 01 2011 AREAS AFFECTED...PORTIONS OF ME...NH...MA...RI...CT...SERN NY...ERN PA...NRN NJ CONCERNING...SEVERE POTENTIAL...WATCH POSSIBLE VALID 011815Z - 011945Z DAMAGING WIND GUSTS AND LARGE HAIL WILL BE POSSIBLE DURING THE AFTERNOON HOURS ACROSS PORTIONS OF ME...NH...MA...RI...CT...SERN NY...ERN PA AND NRN NJ. HOWEVER...UNLESS AN ORGANIZED SVR WEATHER THREAT BECOMES APPARENT...A WW WILL PROBABLY NOT BE NEEDED. AT 18Z...SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS CONTINUED TO DEVELOP ALONG A ZONE OF LOW-LEVEL CONVERGENCE AND AHEAD OF A SERIES OF MINOR UPPER-LEVEL IMPULSES. SURFACE AIRMASS IS CHARACTERIZED BY TEMPERATURES IN THE 80S TO LOW 90S OVER MOST OF NEW ENGLAND AND THE MID ATLANTIC REGION...WITH DEWPOINTS RANGING FROM 70F OVER PA/SERN NY/NRN NJ TO AROUND 60F IN ME. A ZONE OF STEEP LOW-LEVEL LAPSE RATES HAS DEVELOPED ACROSS THE AREA...WITH MLCAPE VALUES INCREASING TO 1000-3000 J/KG. THE FAVORABLE THERMODYNAMIC ENVIRONMENT WILL AID IN SOME POTENTIAL FOR SVR MULTICELL THUNDERSTORMS POSING A DAMAGING WIND AND LARGE HAIL THREAT. HOWEVER...AREA VWP/S AND RUC FORECAST SOUNDINGS INDICATE FAIRLY WEAK VERTICAL WIND SHEAR PROFILES RESIDE OVER THE REGION...WHICH WILL LIKELY PRECLUDE ORGANIZED SVR STORM DEVELOPMENT. DESPITE THE WEAK SHEAR...IF STORM CLUSTERS CAN ORGANIZE A COLD POOL AT THE MESOSCALE...THEN A WW MAY BECOME NECESSARY. CONVECTIVE TRENDS WILL CONTINUE TO BE MONITORED.

When you're submitting your post, under the Other Styles drop down menu, choose code and then put your statement between the code tags. Some of the other styles may work as well, but I know that code will definitely retain the formatting.

Which code style? Still doesn't seem to work.

Can see that to my north, heads up bro.

Yeah I think this may miss just to the north though... between here and ORH. I'm outside working off a neighbor's WiFi so I'm gonna have to head inside in a minute.

But man, awesome Mammatus. Just finished golfing in Thompson (Raceway course) and it was getting quite hot out on the course. Now back in North Woodstock.

Archived