joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe outbreak Monday 08/01

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at Rec park the whole time, just awesome then the cobalt blue sunset, wow. Lower dews dry air swallowed these storms today, you could just feel it as they approached.

It was honestly the coolest weather experience I think I've had.....the "glow" around sunset was wicked cool, too.

2011-08-01%25252019.53.21.jpg

2011-08-01%25252019.53.30.jpg

These pictures legit, feel like they're painted. That's how cool it looked

It was honestly the coolest weather experience I think I've had.....the "glow" around sunset was wicked cool, too.

2011-08-01%25252019.53.21.jpg

2011-08-01%25252019.53.30.jpg

These pictures legit, feel like they're painted. That's how cool it looked

I got asked multiple times what kind of clouds they were, top ten summer weather event for me and not a drop of rain.

Pictures?

Amazing that you can see that stuff over the horizon even with Avon Mountain in the way...

LOL....so just before I left Rockledge I held up my phone and rapid fired like 10 pictures......and I got this really crappy grainy picture but I couldn't believe I actually got something......UConn Health Center is right below the strike......sorry this picture really sucks

7WLOe.jpg

I like it... It gets the basic idea across, even if it's not the ultimate in detail.

Looks like it's losing strength, though. That often happens when the good stuff bumps into the CT border...

Thanks.....looks like storms refiring behind the dying one.....I wonder if the storm about to cross into northern ct will get to Hartford....looks like it may go north of here if it gets this far....

Archived