joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe outbreak Monday 08/01

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SREFs seem slow to bring tstms into SNE. Wonder we see a couple of different lines form.

That stuck out to me as well, not moving into the I-95 corridor until 8-11PM. WRF also sort of hinted at two lines forming, the latter around the similar 8-11PM time period, but pushed it more towards the NYC area.

Essex county might be the place to be for tomorrow. Almost reminds me of July 4th.

Yeah. The type that form over Plaistow and Haverhill and explodes near Ipswich and just train over Cape Ann. I'd be down for that.

LATEST SPC MESO-ANALYSIS SHOWING MLCAPES HAVE ALREADY INCREASED TOBETWEEN 1500 AND 2500 J/KG ACROSS INTERIOR SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND ASOF 11 AM. WHILE 0 TO 6 KM WIND SHEAR VALUES ARE NOT STRONG BY ANYMEANS...IT APPEARS THAT STEEPENING MID LEVEL LAPSE RATES MAY ALLOWFOR MLCAPES TO EXCEED 2500 J/KG IN SOME LOCATIONS. THIS AMOUNT OFINSTABILITY IS EXPECTED TO COMPENSATE FOR THE LACK OF WIND SHEAR ANDALLOW FOR SCATTERED STRONG TO SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS THISAFTERNOON/EARLY EVENING. DOPPLER RADAR WAS ALREADY SHOWING SOMESHOWERS DEVELOPING ACROSS THE BERKSHIRES. THEREFORE... SCATTEREDSTRONG TO SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP ACROSSINTERIOR SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND OVER THE NEXT FEW HOURS. THESCATTERED ACTIVITY SHOULD REACH THE COASTAL PLAY BY LATEAFTERNOON/EARLY EVENING.

Notice the pulse type these are, they blow up then collapse, tough forecasting.

yup. checked mobile radar about 40 minutes ago, saw a blob of -RA over Litchfield County and didn't think much of it. next thing you know it's hailing, lol

Archived