Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
August 2011 General Discussion/Obs

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll go ahead and throw in the towel on Irene. Unusually good model agreement on the track considering how far out we are.

Yep, considering where it is right now and the fact that the trough is trending stronger, I see exactly 0% chance of this affecting any of us.

I'll go ahead and throw in the towel on Irene. Unusually good model agreement on the track considering how far out we are.

Hmm, the 12z Euro, while still a bit too far east, is more interesting over there. Wouldn't take much more of a shift for you to at least get some peripheral effects.

Hmm, the 12z Euro, while still a bit too far east, is more interesting over there. Wouldn't take much more of a shift for you to at least get some peripheral effects.

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't even bother checking the EURO on account of my towel throwing-in. Now for some straw grasping!...the 15z ETA @ 84

f84.gif

Actually gets Irene into the eastern Gulf. The further west it goes at the lower latitudes means less chance of interacting with ul troughs in the main mid-latitude westerly belt, reducing the risk of rapid recurvature. Not retracting my towel throwing by any means, but usually these forecast tracks don't go 7 days without some sort of hitch.

It's interesting how the models seem to shift at the last minute this summer to give N Illinois the brunt of convection, which is what ultimately ends up happening. Even the 0z and 12z GFS' showed the bulk of the convection north of MKE, at least until late tomorrow night. Now we're on the northern fringes it looks like.

It's interesting how the models seem to shift at the last minute this summer to give N Illinois the brunt of convection, which is what ultimately ends up happening. Even the 0z and 12z GFS' showed the bulk of the convection north of MKE, at least until late tomorrow night. Now we're on the northern fringes it looks like.

mother nature doesn't like WI, who would? Packer country

mother nature doesn't like WI, who would? Packer country

Tell me about it. I probably shouldn't even say this, but I wish footballl didn't exist. I enjoy watching basketball much more, but I have to endure Packermania every year. Football's not everyone's cup of tea, but it seems like a rite of passage here. End digression.

On a more positive note, pleasant weather today. Got a bit warm/humid toward the end of the afternoon, but 80 with relatively low humidity is not bad. Checked out Erin Hills, the 2017 US Open site, today, as they are hosting the US Amateur this week. Difficult course. I haven't seen a 130 yard par 3 victimize amateur golfers like the 9th did today. Saw a 6 and a 7 in consecutive groups. Anyway, if the weather becomes wet and windy on that beast of a course, I would have to figure no one will finish under par for the US Open in 6 years (or at least, it would be ultra difficult).

Would really like some freaking rain!

Hopefully something will make it, so we can at least get some rain. Everything just keeps dying as it crosses into Boone Co.. :lightning:

The difference in rainfall this summer between LAF and there, along with IND, has been something.

Sun trying to poke out in Kankakee after a nice soaking. Kinda chilly with temps in the mid 60's here all afternoon. :lol:

We had one heckuva MCS around 7 am, it woke me up from a deep sleep. Not much wind and only a half inch of rain though, despite a beautiful radar presentation and plenty of lightning.

More severe wx on tap this evening as a warm front pushes through: http://www.crh.noaa.gov/news/display_cmsstory.php?wfo=mkx&storyid=72100&source=0

Nothing showing up on radar yet.

Archived