Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Trough returns next week

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite having relatively weak low-level winds there is some directional shear in place as winds from the sfc to aloft are turning, but it's b/c the winds in the mid levels are so freaking strong and we have 50-55 knots of vertical shear in place...this is leading to some fairly high helicity values (200-250 0-3km) and 150 0-1km.

Nice. Congrats looks pretty good on radar still. Enjoy. Eh, at least I don't have to run inside and put an end to the yard work.

lol...the last 2 frames totally bent me over. The cell had been going due ESE until then when it decided to back to eastward. It looked impressive watching it race due east to my north though. Drats.

Accidents will happen, anyway.....folks driving like idiots are different from having a twister suck you off the $hitter....come on, dude.

Winter storms will not swallow your house and property, either.

people die from more than just car accidents in snow. it would be kind of odd to wish a tornado on your house but extreme weather is cool, so people will root for tornadoes just like 3 foot paralyzing blizzards.

people die from more than just car accidents in snow. it would be kind of odd to wish a tornado on your house but extreme weather is cool, so people will root for tornadoes just like 3 foot paralyzing blizzards.

I know, but the ratio of preventable deaths is much higher in winter storms; most of the deaths in large snow events are preventable.

Whenever SPC feels compelled to issue any kind of watch going forward ...they should cut out a rectangular swath from roughly RUT-Cape Ann in the N, and ALB-PVD in the south, and say anyone in that zone will sumarily be screwed and over media'ed about this watch episode.

Make that a perfunctory measure.

Archived