Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Trough returns next week

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of wind damage reports coming in, moderate end severe?

Well possibly out by the NY border and Berkshire county...we'll see what is reported further east. We got a peak wind of 43 knots at PSF. That one cell N of CEF is still pretty strong, so that is probably the best bet to produce severe damage.

Well possibly out by the NY border and Berkshire county...we'll see what is reported further east. We got a peak wind of 43 knots at PSF. That one cell N of CEF is still pretty strong, so that is probably the best bet to produce severe damage.

Definitely a serious straight line wind threat with that storm moving into NW CT. Probably some 70kt gusts in that bad larry.

Looks like a big forested blown down AKT

Alright here the promised photos of the probable funnel cloud as it came through here. This mass of low hanging cloud was rotating as it moved through and my location (42.40, -73.26) and is consistent with the velocity couplet as it passed overhead. No damage or strong winds were observed as the feature was elevated off of the ground. A weak wind gust (20-25 MPH) occurred around the time this passed through. Pretty cool!

img2554h.jpg

img2555r.jpg

img2556b.jpg

img2557vd.jpg

img2558me.jpg

img2559l.jpg

I think the last one captures it best. Rotation wasn't real strong, but was evident.

that just tightened nicely...

two seconds after i wrote it was weak. LOL.

Yeah, it definitely tightened a bit. Still nothing amazing, but certainly enough for a warning...as these can rapidly change from minute to minute.

Archived