• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
100 Degree Or Higher Heat Signal For Our Area This Week

bluewave

Does being out in 100 degree temperatures cause the body internal temperature to rise causing an induced fever >98.6? Isn't internal body core temps above 105 extremely dangerous for human system? How do people survive in 105 temps for more than 15 minutes?

It raises temperature, but

It won't induce fever as if you had the flu.

What it does it actually start to sweat more to cool the

Body off. You're body keeps sweating until your core temp drops. However, as ambient air temp rises , sweating becomes less effective and

Your body starts to overheat.

Heat stresss can just you becoming tired, sweating excessively and substantial thirst, increased heart rate red sweaty skin.

Heat exhaustion Is when your body starts becoming overheated at at risk situation. You'll start to have headaches, muscle cramps severely, fatigue, cool -clammy

skin, increased heart rate and blood pressure, nausea and disorientation and fainting.

Finally, Heat stroke. The most dangerous heat condition. As your body becomes so overwhelmingly hot, your body starts to shutdown. You lose the ability to sweat, you can/will go into cardiac arrest. You're brain can become brain damaged due to the loss of fresh blood supply.

You dont want heat stroke. It can kill even the healthiest of person at any age.

All this is based on variables such as age, genetics, health, body type, fitness level, etc... Different people will feel these affects at different durations of exposure. Some people can take the heat longer.

Know your body's limits and know the signs and symptoms of the above mentioned effects and act accordingly.

(sorry for any mis spelling, on ny iPhone.) if you're asking how I know, it's because I'm firefighter/emt. Or I just slept at a Holliday inn!!

Hope this helps.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EWR 97

JFK 96

LGA 91

NYC 92

Dew points are getting lower and lower.

NYC and LGA in the low 60's now.

check out JFK hangin close w/Newark. noice..

must be an airport thang. (all the runways = heat island)

Newark was at 97 at 11am. Wow

they were a 100 already...at same time yesterday. Still runnin 3 degrees behind. So I high of 105 seems reasonable.

Hottest temps may be a bit further south today due to the high clouds moving into NNJ.

I'm now at 95.2F which is on par with yesterday at this time.

Slowly advancing south as well, but there should be more breaks later. These were the clouds I was watching over the GL/W-PA last evening I thought would limits record/100 degree temps.

Without the clouds we'd be just a hair below yesterday. Areas like ACY that arent cloudy are already upt0 100.

12PM ROUNDUP

TEB: 93

NYC: 92

EWR 97:

LGA: 90

JFK: 97

TTN: 96

ACY: 100

PHL: 94

JFK and EWR may hit 100 even with cloudy skies.

Slowly advancing south as well, but there should be more breaks later. These were the clouds I was watching over the GL/W-PA last evening I thought would limits record/100 degree temps.

Yeah, and I thought these clouds were supposed to be here last night and be gone by this morning lol. Aren't these from a dying front? Thought that thing was supposed to wash out to our west.

Archived