northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
100 Degree Or Higher Heat Signal For Our Area This Week

bluewave

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

102 in Farmingdale and 100 in Islip and actually it got up 102 F here with dewpoints in the mid to upper 70's is insane. I have never seen 100+ degrees with dewpoints that high. Is that a record? 108 in Newark ouch with high dewpoints really quite something.

It is quite possible that Newark's low on Saturday could be ninety degrees Fahrenheit.

95 here... jeez.. Newark is still 102... If it was 86 last night and today was warmer, I am going to be very curious what their overnight low is tonight.. could we see them not drop below 90.. That would be unreal

whistle.gif

Has anyone away from the desert southwest ever stayed above 90 for a low?

I am not too sure about that but am curious to know.. It is very, very difficult to stay above 90 for an overnight low.. I just couldn't see it happening anywhere else except for the desert. I had my highest min to my memory of 80 last night out here in the burbs... My high didn't top last year though. I was 101 today, but had a 102 reading last July

i know.. seriously.. it's possible I think. Next hour will probably still be 100+

The low at Newark overall on Saturday will not be ninety probably with the chances of thunderstorms there will probably be a late Saturday evening low. But with the complex from western PA throwing in clouds after midnight, it could even keep KEWR's Saturday morning temperatures even higher.

Just went through Houston and Dallas' records, the highest minimum temperature I could find is 85oF.

The low at Newark overall on Saturday will not be ninety probably with the chances of thunderstorms there will probably be a late Saturday evening low. But with the complex from western PA throwing in clouds after midnight, it could even keep KEWR's Saturday morning temperatures even higher.

Just went through Houston and Dallas' records, the highest minimum temperature I could find is 85oF.

yea, if it doesn't happen, I think it might be darn close.. I wouldn't even know where to begin to start checking non-desert regions to see if they've been above 90 overnight, but houston and dallas was a good start.. maybe other midwest, southern plains locations like oklahoma, arkansas, missouri might be worth checking...

yea, if it doesn't happen, I think it might be darn close.. I wouldn't even know where to begin to start checking non-desert regions to see if they've been above 90 overnight, but houston and dallas was a good start.. maybe other midwest, southern plains locations like oklahoma, arkansas, missouri might be worth checking...

The highest I could find after a quick search is Tulsa Oklahoma at 87. They are technically the southwest though albeit not the desert southwest.

Has anyone away from the desert southwest ever stayed above 90 for a low?

I am not too sure about that but am curious to know.. It is very, very difficult to stay above 90 for an overnight low.. I just couldn't see it happening anywhere else except for the desert. I had my highest min to my memory of 80 last night out here in the burbs... My high didn't top last year though. I was 101 today, but had a 102 reading last July

Yes, in July, 1936, and again in June, 1988, according to the following excerpt from Wikipedia.

Some stations in the American Midwest reported minimum temperatures at or above 90 °F (32 °C) such as 91 °F (33 °C) at Lincoln, Nebraska on 25 July 1936; the next and most recent time this is known to have happened is a handful of 90 °F (32 °C) maxima during a similar heat wave in late June 1988 but far less intense than that of 1936.

Coned lowered power here in Astoria and my ACs are struggling.

Apartment can't get below 75.

Sucks!

75 is fine. I remember the voltage reductions in the early 90s where our only air conditioner couldn't fire up the compressor for more than 1 minute before turning off for like 20. It was a 220 volt and we baked in that house. I'll never forget those days.

Archived