wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Next Monday-Tues frontal passage

free_man

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a delightful day here in GC. Currently at 11:00am, we have 77.8/67 at the Pit. The humidity's impact seriously getting reduced by the fresh WNW gusty breezes.

Working on the deck ftw.

You must be immune to the heat. The breeze out there does nothing unless your sitting in the shade. Doing any physical activity its oppressive.

Timing of the frontal boundary is lousy for most. Lack of a good s/w with height falls. This leads to 500mb temps that are very toasty and also limits instability to get and sustain good updrafts. Mid level drying will occur this aftn as well, which can act to choke the updrafts, although this isn't the biggest reason. Basically, not everything is coming together well. There might be some isolated stuff, but it is a waste of an unstable low level atmosphere. If we have mid level temps that were cooler and better lapse rates, we probably could fire a few storms.

BUFKIT modeled data had lots of CINH in the area through 21z today... It looked pretty clear the day before yesterday already that unless the input data was wrong, today was going to have challenges minimally. The only thunderstorm within 400 to 500 miles of SNE is a lonely renogade cell about 40 miles WNW of Massena NY. although there may be some oregraphically assisted camp ground zappers in the mountains.

What a perfect day, working my azz off, 92 with a nice breeze and dry heat, I love it.....................viva la sizzle

Dry heat spins it friend. We are regionally 65 to 72F in the DP under 88-94F

there's no way that is definable as "dry" heat. Dry heat begins when DP is no longer a factor, period.

Definitely improving out here. Gusty west/nw and 80.2F after peaking at 80.8. The humidity is a bit better and central NY is getting nice so the drier air is on our door step.

It's a delightful day here in GC. Currently at 11:00am, we have 77.8/67 at the Pit. The humidity's impact seriously getting reduced by the fresh WNW gusty breezes.

Working on the deck ftw.

Dry heat spins it friend. We are regionally 65 to 72F in the DP under 88-94F

there's no way that is definable as "dry" heat. Dry heat begins when DP is no longer a factor, period.

SOrry Tippy, a dew point of 65 is dry to me, its very tolerable, in fact I find it dry. To have a dp of 65 on July 12th with a very gusty nw wind is an absolute pleasure.

But, I am a redneck, so maybe we just look at things differently. 65 dp, no big deal brother, get out there and enjoy this wonderful summer weather, as scooter and will have been saying this is a very seasonable year, no big heat at all.

SOrry Tippy, a dew point of 65 is dry to me, its very tolerable, in fact I find it dry. To have a dp of 65 on July 12th with a very gusty nw wind is an absolute pleasure.

But, I am a redneck, so maybe we just look at things differently. 65 dp, no big deal brother, get out there and enjoy this wonderful summer weather, as scooter and will have been saying this is a very seasonable year, no big heat at all.

Its 91/68.. this is not perfect weather.. and if you get out there and enjoy it you might get heat stroke

Perfect weather is what we'll have on Thursday and Friday

Its 91/68.. this is not perfect weather.. and if you get out there and enjoy it you might get heat stroke

Perfect weather is what we'll have on Thursday and Friday

Jesus dude, are you serious? I work outside all day, grow a sack its 90 degrees LOL not 105 LOL :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

you should get checked.

Jesus dude, are you serious? I work outside all day, grow a sack its 90 degrees LOL not 105 LOL :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I never said it wasn't bearable I said it wasn't perfect.. perfect is in October when it's 68/48 you're debating long sleeves, you can play a round of golf Sunday morning, look at the foliage, watch football on the couch, and smell that wood burning smell, a sign letting you know that winter is right around the corner.. that's perfect

Not getting into your car after a day of work and having to wait outside for the steering wheel to cool down and the AC to pump

Definitely improving out here. Gusty west/nw and 80.2F after peaking at 80.8. The humidity is a bit better and central NY is getting nice so the drier air is on our door step.

We peaked out a little higher here, Rick. Got to 81.6/69. Will welcome the dryer air of course, but the breeze has been fantastic. I hate being in the 80's, but if this is what July can muster, it's a big win.

If I want heat, I want 103-105 type stuff which is extreme and a news maker.. I like extreme.. that goes with cold weather too

90-95.. no thanks

103-105.. sure

0-20.. no thanks

-20 to -10.. sure

Phil, are you thinking just eastern new england? Any chance we get some rain back this way, sure could use it.

well odds favor the eastern half...i'd think your area will be a bit more at the hit or miss mercy of thunderstorms. but the fact that guidance actually has precip is a good sign. the energy means business. i'm kind of excited to see this playout tomorrow afternoon.

will be interesting to see what happens overnight tonight and into the first half of tomorrow with respect to our existing air mass.

Archived