wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Next Monday-Tues frontal passage

free_man

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh not so sure about tomorrow. COuld we see some isolated stuff pop? Sure but I think it will be fairly hard once again. Dews will not be as high as today, while ML temps may be a bit cooler they are still fairly warm and the mid level lapse rates totally blow...with this there will not be much in the way of instability tomorrow. Like today, there will be a fairly decent mid level cap in place around 650-550mb. Doesn't look like there will be a great deal of low-level convergence with the sfc flow and the BL winds pretty much out of the northwest. Fairly dry in the mid levels and this should mix down into the lower levels and to the surface as well.

Meh not so sure about tomorrow. COuld we see some isolated stuff pop? Sure but I think it will be fairly hard once again. Dews will not be as high as today, while ML temps may be a bit cooler they are still fairly warm and the mid level lapse rates totally blow...with this there will not be much in the way of instability tomorrow. Like today, there will be a fairly decent mid level cap in place around 650-550mb. Doesn't look like there will be a great deal of low-level convergence with the sfc flow and the BL winds pretty much out of the northwest. Fairly dry in the mid levels and this should mix down into the lower levels and to the surface as well.

mid-levels will do the work.

maybe not too much lightning - perhaps just ominous looking downpours with gusty winds/pea sized hail or something like that?

best bet would seem to be the eastern half of the region but everyone stands a shot.

mid-levels will do the work.

maybe not too much lightning - perhaps just ominous looking downpours with gusty winds/pea sized hail or something like that?

best bet would seem to be the eastern half of the region but everyone stands a shot.

Looks like there may be a bit better convergence across eastern sections and this is where most hi-res models initiate much of the shower/t'storm activity and it isn't until very late in the day...this is when ML temps do cool a bit as well and the ML cap seems to be much weaker so perhaps we can get a few cells to pop. Not sure if we can get anything tall enough for hail but certainly gusty winds given dry mid levels and steep low level lapse rates.

Looks like there may be a bit better convergence across eastern sections and this is where most hi-res models initiate much of the shower/t'storm activity and it isn't until very late in the day...this is when ML temps do cool a bit as well and the ML cap seems to be much weaker so perhaps we can get a few cells to pop. Not sure if we can get anything tall enough for hail but certainly gusty winds given dry mid levels and steep low level lapse rates.

wbzs crash during the evening.

imo, one of those days where the typical parameters aren't going to provide a big assist

i think their down to like 8500 feet by mid-evening.

i don't think will have a kevin 300 page LSR but i won't be surprised to see some marginal svr either.

Oh crap, that is pretty low. Yeah we def could see some hail then, maybe even something close to 1'' especially with the dry mid levels which would certainly help the hail situation out in this case.

i don't think will have a kevin 300 page LSR but i won't be surprised to see some marginal svr either.

This might go into early evening too. Those temps just plummet by 00z and some of the models have what looks like to be one last band accompanying the front and supported by that s/w.

This might go into early evening too. Those temps just plummet by 00z and some of the models have what looks like to be one last band accompanying the front and supported by that s/w.

When does it start you think?

You think this could be comparable to that line we had on 6/7

wrf really lights us up this afternoon/evening. quite a bit of rain for eastern MA

On phone can you post maps? You're gonna get smoked I think.. hopefully SNH can get it on it when storms are strengthening, but I think this will be a EMA only deal

All models are honing in on EMA now

You guys have a good time yesterday?

Yeah we drank at Tia's for an hour..then had this huge scavenger hunt for 3 hours in Quincy Market..and had to do all kinds of crazy things during it...they had hired people to be prt of it..and we had to find them in different stores, and bars and stuff. Really good time. Then we ended with dinner and more drinks at Ned Bevins from 4-7.. Fun day..but it was just balls out hot

Yeah we drank at Tia's for an hour..then had this huge scavenger hunt for 3 hours in Quincy Market..and had to do all kinds of crazy things during it...they had hired people to be prt of it..and we had to find them in different stores, and bars and stuff. Really good time. Then we ended with dinner and more drinks at Ned Bevins from 4-7.. Fun day..but it was just balls out hot

Yeah Ned Devine's is pretty cool. Good spot on a Friday or Saturday night.

Archived