joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Next Monday-Tues frontal passage

free_man

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God those storms are nice in Michigan.. just one time I'd like to see something like that in here

You want the MDT risk further north. That's a little too far south for my liking, because chances are...those good mid level lapse rates go with the complex. If that stuff was rolling through the U.P. of Michigan, I'd be more excited. It doesn't mean you can't get good storms, but the days that had good severe here, had it further north into Michigan.

You want the MDT risk further north. That's a little too far south for my liking, because chances are...those good mid level lapse rates go with the complex. If that stuff was rolling through the U.P. of Michigan, I'd be more excited. It doesn't mean you can't get good storms, but the days that had good severe here, had it further north into Michigan.

I remember before 6/1.. there were awesome storms in the UP and northern Michigan.. good point

SPC WRF likes some predawn action fwiw. It's not very enthusiastic for tomorrow, but that is at the end of its range.

That is what the RUC has been showing for the past several runs also..

Although it seems as though the best stuff is south of SNE

Euro seems to wan to drive a complex through at least nrn New England overnight, but given how these things like to move a bit to the right...would think SNE has a shot too.

Most models now have some type of system coming through tonight around 1-5am.. whether its an MCS with severe that's another story

Most models now have some type of system coming through tonight around 1-5am.. whether its an MCS with severe that's another story

Prolly wind up a cluster of light rain under a dead MCS cirrus shield.

...don't forget to wait up for it ...

Prolly wind up a cluster of light rain under a dead MCS cirrus shield.

...don't forget to wait up for it ...

I think I see our "MCS" in western NY now lol.. nice 30dbz echoes.. we might see a flash of lightning

I think I see our "MCS" in western NY now lol.. nice 30dbz echoes.. we might see a flash of lightning

yeah unless something fires off NW of BUF in Ontario. Forget anything that is currently rumbling through OH in route to western PA/WV .... Our weather will have no part of that. Whatever happens will have to be born anew. The current stuff will peel S

I think we (someone) gets destroyed before the cool, dry airmass punches in, personally. That probably deserves a few buns, :snowman: I'm liking the setup despite a few negatives still lingering. Watch, we get a dry cf passage now.

I totally agree. While at work the news was on and got to wee storms in the upper mid-west...very good sign to see.

Time for me to look over some model data.

Oh fook.

Just looked at the 15z SPC SREF and it virtually gives us zero chance tomorrow...guessing it moves the pre-frontal through too early and the wind shift occurs and the dews lower and instability drops like a rock.

12z NAM/GFS and the 18z GFS also are showing this.

Definitely a major concern but this is the pre frontal trough were talking about, not the cold front, models don't really handle this all too well so all hope shouldn't be lost quite yet.

Oh fook.

Just looked at the 15z SPC SREF and it virtually gives us zero chance tomorrow...guessing it moves the pre-frontal through too early and the wind shift occurs and the dews lower and instability drops like a rock.

12z NAM/GFS and the 18z GFS also are showing this.

Definitely a major concern but this is the pre frontal trough were talking about, not the cold front, models don't really handle this all too well so all hope shouldn't be lost quite yet.

:weenie:

Archived