Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV : (Not During Storms) OBS Discussion/Banter Thread

famartin

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

days are getting shorter meaning snow is right around the corner :snowman:

That is one hell of a long corner. We are about to go through a a major heat wave- maybe the worst in years and you are talking snow? I guess I should post in January right before a major snow event with hundreds of posters that the days are getting longer and heat waves are around the corner.

That is one hell of a long corner. We are about to go through a a major heat wave- maybe the worst in years and you are talking snow? I guess I should post in January right before a major snow event with hundreds of posters that the days are getting longer and heat waves are around the corner.

meh, wouldn't bother me a bit

it's the fact that we are about to hit a heat wave that has me thinking of the colder weather :yikes:

meh, wouldn't bother me a bit

it's the fact that we are about to hit a heat wave that has me thinking of the colder weather :yikes:

I'm always thinking of snow in hot weather - it helps get through it. The 12z GFS is still hot but delayed the huge 20c heat bubble a bit. At least there's still inconsistency.

A sighting!!! An actual negative departure day at PHL yesterday, yes a whole (-1).

1st below AVE day since 6/26 & only the 2nd in a month.

This all proves one thing that the recent trend indicates philly's average temperatures in the summer (especially july) are an will be from now on closer to 90 on average.

Mike or tony, is mt holly going to look at pottstown's temperature sensor. I mean i know they have been dry, but they hit 92 today, 5 degrees warmer than philly. That just seems a little excessive.

There has been several issues with this ASOS and our tech's have replaced several components of it. We have noticed that the temperature seems to be running to warm, and I believe the tech's are aware of it. I can double check with them next week when I am back in the office.

Back of the line buddy- Miller Air Park's AWOS hasn't been running since June 30th.

LOL. The NWS does not maintain AWOS sites so not sure when this will be back online.

Mike or tony, is mt holly going to look at pottstown's temperature sensor. I mean i know they have been dry, but they hit 92 today, 5 degrees warmer than philly. That just seems a little excessive.

Our high here yesterday at my house was 90.3, so could Pottstown have been that far off?

Reading hit 90 and Allentown hit 89. I hit 90 on a shade thermometer and I'm four miles from PTW. It might be running a degree or two too warm at most, IMO.

Maybe we can have them look at Philly's :P

Reading hit 90 and Allentown hit 89. I hit 90 on a shade thermometer and I'm four miles from PTW. It might be running a degree or two too warm at most, IMO.

Maybe we can have them look at Philly's :P

I hit 91 yesterday. I agree to look at the sensor but its not that much of a big deal. My god, are we really concerned about one or two degrees here? I rather be concerned about some decent rainfall. Its funny, if this was Phoenix, 108 degrees would be normal and if a neighboring station near Phoenix recorded 112, would they even care about looking into the sensor?

And how many of those was Philly 89?

The one Pottstown missed on that Philly hit 92 was an 89 degree high (back in June)

Date, PTW hi, PHL hi

7/2, 91, 89

7/8, 90, 86 (thunderstorms started earlier @ PHL)

7/13, 90, 88

7/15, 90, 87

7/16, 91, 88

Did a quick data dig -- Pottstown has had 21 90 degree days through yesterday...Philly has had 17...Philly has had one 90 that Pottstown didn't where Pottstown has had five 90's that Philly didn't.

There is something about All about Wind Direction, as previously stated for years with the Delaware River being relatively close by.

There has been several issues with this ASOS and our tech's have replaced several components of it. We have noticed that the temperature seems to be running to warm, and I believe the tech's are aware of it. I can double check with them next week when I am back in the office.

LOL. The NWS does not maintain AWOS sites so not sure when this will be back online.

C'mon, you know NWS has no control over that system... you do know that, right?

I know it's an AWOS.....why do you think I keep pushing it to become an ASOS? It's a good station to have!

The one Pottstown missed on that Philly hit 92 was an 89 degree high (back in June)

Date, PTW hi, PHL hi

7/2, 91, 89

7/8, 90, 86 (thunderstorms started earlier @ PHL)

7/13, 90, 88

7/15, 90, 87

7/16, 91, 88

being within a few miles of PTW (like a few others here) I can relay that the temps. reported there are fairly accurate. I think just the inland setting, relatively low elevation, and continual thunderstorm misses has allowed PTW to bake more than just about any other site in the region.

PTW airport at 1pm today showing 89. I'm showing 89.6 here.

I know it's an AWOS.....why do you think I keep pushing it to become an ASOS? It's a good station to have!

I don't think the NWS has any plans to expand the current ASOS network. The main focus now is upgrading the sites that are already deployed with improved equipment.

Archived