• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV : (Not During Storms) OBS Discussion/Banter Thread

famartin

euro is showing some big heat in the 8-10 day range. Probably will change a hundred times but thought i would relay the message.

I'm thinking around Day 10 ought to see a flip back to warm. SOI is spiking and we'll have a recurving STY around Day 8, which usually teleconnects to western troughing/eastern ridging 2-3 days afterward.

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking around Day 10 ought to see a flip back to warm. SOI is spiking and we'll have a recurving STY around Day 8, which usually teleconnects to western troughing/eastern ridging 2-3 days afterward.

its also bone dry through the 10 day period... both the gfs and euro have some good agreement for heat in the 8-10 day range.

I would not mow it. No rain is predicted for the next five days. It will turn brown. Dry winds to boot

Too late, its already brown. I'm ok with it though. It bounces back in the fall. It did last year. I don't mind mowing once a month in the summer :)

My flower gardens though, I feel bad for them in the heat and lack of rain.

11am-89

Flip back to warm, when hasn't it been warm the past 50 days, only 5 days with negative departures over that period. You got 90-92 tomorrow, a few days a AVE or slightly above AVE then back to 90+ starting MON so certainly no big switch & looks like we won't have to wait 10 days.

Highs today across metro Philly:

PHL 94

PNE 94

LOM 91

VAY 93

ILG 92

PTW 95

DYL 93

MQS 90

WRI 92

TTN 95

MIV 92

UKT 91

ACY 94

NEL 94

XLL 91

RDG 94

DOV 94

ABE 92

APG 93

Lower than I thought (as evident by my 2nd to last finish in the prediction thread). NWS was right on though with mid-90s max.

0z euro is continuing the big heat. days 9-10 has 100-105 for the region with 850s over 24C..before that we start next monday getting back into the 90s, then evryday after monday it gets hotter...rainfall is around .1 for the whole ten days from phl south... .1-.25 from phl north to abe...with .25 plus for poconos north

0z euro is continuing the big heat. days 9-10 has 100-105 for the region with 850s over 24C..before that we start next monday getting back into the 90s, then evryday after monday it gets hotter...rainfall is around .1 for the whole ten days from phl south... .1-.25 from phl north to abe...with .25 plus for poconos north

Perfect!!!

As much as I don't enjoy taking an hour of my evening to water around the yard, I don't mind it during the summer months if the days are sunny.

People are getting excited (I love hot and dry in the summer also) over models that are about a week out...how many times will that change, especially since the euro has done this before only to be overestimating the heat. Yestersay is an example where both the euro and gfs overreached.

People are getting excited (I love hot and dry in the summer also) over models that are about a week out...how many times will that change, especially since the euro has done this before only to be overestimating the heat. Yestersay is an example where both the euro and gfs overreached.

Well, we need something to be excited about in summer, it's either mega-heat or a tropical system. You are right though, yesterday was an example of hype that failed, and I was drawn into the hype several days in advance. Climo would suggest with the hottest weeks of the summer just ahead and the dry ground in many areas, if a big ridge wants to set up around here 100 or higher is a good bet, atleast once or twice in the weeks to come.

Hmmm, does that area of showers in north central PA make it all the way down into the Lehigh Valley? Clouds building to my north and west here in Martins Creek. Fairly pleasant 71 F currently

It certainly looks like it wants to, and already moving into the Poconos. The POPS have been increased quite a bit from the early morning forecast and NWS Sterling, VA is backing us up today as we are having system work done.

It certainly looks like it wants to, and already moving into the Poconos. The POPS have been increased quite a bit from the early morning forecast and NWS Sterling, VA is backing us up today as we are having system work done.

forecast is now mentioning the possibility of a thunderstorm as well. Will see how robust this area turns out to be. Fairly thick cloud cover here in east central Northampton County for most of this AM. Currently 76 F.

Perfect!!!

Eh...everything is already very dry and I spend quite a bit of time watering outside plants each day. We could use some rain.

Plus I continue to fail in my understanding of 90+ heat with humidity is somehow better weather than mid-80's with moderate humidity. The former is quite uncomfortable for outdoor activities that don't involve a swimming pool, and demands running A/C quite a bit. The latter is much more enjoyable all the way around.

forecast is now mentioning the possibility of a thunderstorm as well. Will see how robust this area turns out to be. Fairly thick cloud cover here in east central Northampton County for most of this AM. Currently 76 F.

I think the chance of thunderstorms is rather low across your area.

Archived