• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV : (Not During Storms) OBS Discussion/Banter Thread

famartin

Yup, we had 0.3 for the day before this cell blew up over head, got another inch since then. A few rumbles of thunder, no wind, just torrential rain, which I will gladly take. It should be raining pretty hard where you are now though, isn't it?

yea its starting to come down harder... 2.16 at wayne

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just hit the 0.50" of much needed rain here in NW Chesco with a lttle rain still falling and watching some activity that may clip me within the next 30 minutes or so

This represents the most daily rain since way back on May 15th when I recorded 0.59". Unfortunately we are at exactly 5.60" below normal since May 24th. YTD we are 4.54" below normal

Finally got the soaker I've been wishing for all this time. It was much appreciated and is still going fairly strong here. I have no idea how much but I'd say probably an inch or so. Tomorrow morning I finally can get up and not water the landscaping.......been about a month since that has happened.

Like what I'm seeing from the long range models after this upcoming heat wave. Nice seasonable to cool pattern showing up. Cautious as usual, but promising to see for now.

just going off the euro, pretty much keeps temps above normal from mid week through the rest of the range. Though if you were to extend it past 10 days it would likely cool off.... i posted this a week ago but some food for thought...

nao.sprd2.gif

Boy I hope we see that -NAO trend come Dec-Feb.......it does us no good in summer......keeps us blazing hot during the summer

just going off the euro, pretty much keeps temps above normal from mid week through the rest of the range. Though if you were to extend it past 10 days it would likely cool off.... i posted this a week ago but some food for thought...

nao.sprd2.gif

Heaviest rain i've seen in awhile tonight in Wayne. Streets were absolutely flooded within that hour non-stop downpour.

Yup, 1.7 in BM, radar looked a little better just west of here. Almost all of that was in about half an hour. Looking forward to a day without watering too!

FWIW, looking back at mid-June at the last major negative NAO departure, temps were at or slightly above normal with well above normal precip.

Archived