• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV : (Not During Storms) OBS Discussion/Banter Thread

famartin

Well water it is....my lawn is more white then brown at this point...and no relief in sight. My bet is the next big precip event will be in the form of some tropical storm remnants in mid august....

yea paul, per the precip map i posted chester county is the driest in the try county region. Your areas its a little different because i imagine you get your water from wells correct? If so that is all dependent on the ground water.

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not "screaming drought", just stating the facts since late May. I think people need to chill a bit toward posters who are "whining", that's what this thread is for (or atleast part of the reason it is here), no?

There is a difference between discussing the weather and whining.

Discussion: The storms broke up before they hit me last night. I've noticed it's been somewhat dry reciently, although drought maps still say we are not too much below normal in precip.

Whining: I can't believe those storms broke up before hitting me last night! It keeps happening! This summer sucks! There is a drought too!

There is a difference between discussing the weather and whining.

Discussion: The storms broke up before they hit me last night. I've noticed it's been somewhat dry reciently, although drought maps still say we are not too much below normal in precip.

Whining: I can't believe those storms broke up before hitting me last night! It keeps happening! This summer sucks! There is a drought too!

I guess there are a few here that are like that, but I didn't think it was that bad in number. Oh well, I've moved on and will not try to defend "those" people going forward.

Dropped down to 63 last night, felt great.

Tulip poplars are dropping leaves to conserve moisture, looks like early fall (and feels a little like it this morning).

1/2 way through the month here with only .48" of rain so far. It's dry but not drought yet.

Now if we go through the rest of the month without decent rain and the prospect of high heat, then the 'd' word is in play.

At least we get baseball back tomorrow...

Banter definition from dictionary.com - an exchange of light, playful, teasing remarks; good-natured raillery.

—Synonyms

1. badinage, joking, jesting, pleasantry, persiflage. 2. tease, twit; ridicule, deride, mock.

I love how griping about missed storm opportunities has caused such a firestorm. If you don't want some lighthearted observations then remove "Banter" from the title thread. This is exactly the thread for it otherwise. People need to lighten up. You have basically the same 6 or so guys posting and only one of you is a professional....keep that in mind. People are selfish and want every storm to hit them and when it doesn't they are disappointed and they post their "observations" that way. When us "whiners" do get hit nicely then we do post our observations accordingly.

There is a reason why there is no traffic really on this sub-forum because you've managed to mock/bully/degrade/condecend everybody else away.....good job.

Back to reality....its dry....very dry with no relief in sight.

The reason why people call this and the NYC forums "weenietown" has to do with the fact that there were a lot of posters out there who put out horrible model analysis or forecasts in model threads. This model analysis and forecasting tended to favor their backyards....i.e. people claiming every winter storm or TC that shows up on a model will eventually bury NYC for example. It really had little to do with people complaining in observation threads because thats where its supposed to happen. Go read the Mid-Atlantic or NE threads and see how often those guys whine and nobody seems to care. It only seems to be the uptight folks in here that just want to read posts that say "90/72 sunny" in a banter thread. Exciting stuff there.....makes a lot of people want to come in and contribute.

I'd prefer this subforum to be known for good weather posters (and we do have a lot of them, don't get me wrong) than for the weenietown we're currently known as. I have no problem with people calling other posters out for bad info/analysis. That's not bullying, that's holding people accountable for their posts.

The reason why people call this and the NYC forums "weenietown" has to do with the fact that there were a lot of posters out there who put out horrible model analysis or forecasts in model threads. This model analysis and forecasting tended to favor their backyards....i.e. people claiming every winter storm or TC that shows up on a model will eventually bury NYC for example. It really had little to do with people complaining in observation threads because thats where its supposed to happen. Go read the Mid-Atlantic or NE threads and see how often those guys whine and nobody seems to care. It only seems to be the uptight folks in here that just want to read posts that say "90/72 sunny" in a banter thread. Exciting stuff there.....makes a lot of people want to come in and contribute.

Might I make a suggestion here.

Just chill out and enjoy the forum, I know i am guilty of bitching and all, but still just limit yourself especially arguing with a Moderator, which can lead to some sort of time out from here or a full out Banning. So please take that into consideration.

To change the mood, I'd like the share my pride and joy on this sunny, nice, 84 degree afternoon.

My perennial flower garden. Doing well with constant watering. You can tell what grass gets watered, and what doesn't.

Amazing that in winter there isn't a damn thing there expect for the branches of the Hydrangea and hedges.

To change the mood, I'd like the share my pride and joy on this sunny, nice, 84 degree afternoon.

My perennial flower garden. Doing well with constant watering. You can tell what grass gets watered, and what doesn't.

Amazing that in winter there isn't a damn thing there expect for the branches of the Hydrangea and hedges.

For your garden:tongue.gif

May 15th

Dear Diary, I just moved to Pennsylvania! Really heating up. Got to 95 degrees today. Not a problem. Live in anair-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see thesun every day like this. I'm turning into a sun worshipper.

June 30th:

Had the backyard landscaped with western plants today. Lots of cactus and

rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing the lawn for me. Another

scorcher today, but I love it here.

July 10th:

The temperature hasn't been below 90 all week. How do people get used to

this kind of heat and humidity? At least, it's kind of windy though. Butgetting used to the heat is taking longer than I expected.

July 15th:

Fell asleep by the community pool. Got second degree burns over 60% of my

body. Missed three days of work. What a dumb thing to do. I learned my lesson

though. Got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.

July 20th:

I missed Lomita(my cat) sneaking into the car when I left this morning. By

the time I got to the hot car at noon, Lomitahad died and swollen up to

the size of a shopping bag, then popped like a water balloon. The car now

smells like Kibbles and ****s. I learned my lesson though. No more pets in

this heat. Good ol' Mr. Sun strikes again.

July 25th:

The wind sucks. It feels like a giant freaking blow dryer!! And it's hot as

hell. The home air-conditioner is on the fritz and the A /C repairman charged

$200 just to drive by and tell me he needed to order parts.

July 30th:

Been sleeping outside on the patio for three nights now outside of my $225,000 house and I can't even go inside.Lomita is thelucky one. Why did I ever come here?

Aug. 4th:

Its 100 degrees. Finally got the air-conditioner fixed today. It cost $500

and gets the temperature down to 80 degrees. I hate this stupid state.

Aug. 8th:

If another wise ass cracks, 'Hot enough for you today?' I'm going to

strangle him. Damn heat. By the time I get to work, the radiator is boiling

over, my clothes are soaking wet, and I smell like baked cat!!

Aug. 9th:

Tried to run some errands after work. Wore shorts, and when I sat on the

seats in the car, I thought my ass was on fire. My skin melted to the seat.

I lost two layers of flesh and all the hair on the back of my legs and

ass . . .. Now my car smells like burnt hair, fried ass, and baked cat.

Aug 10th:

The weather report might as well be a damn recording. Hot and sunny. Hot

and sunny. Hot and sunny. It's been too hot to do **** for two damn months and

the weatherman says it might really warm up next week. Doesn't it ever rain

in this damn state? Water rationing will be next, so my $1700 worth of

cactus and western plants will just dry up and blow over. Even the cactus can'tlive in this damn heat.

Aug. 14th:

Welcome to HELL! Temperature got to 105 degrees today. Cactus’ are finallydead. Forgot to crack the window and blew the damn windshield out of the car.The installer came to fix it and guess what he asked me??? "Hot enough foryou today?" Mysister had to spend $1,500 to bail me out of jail. Freaking Pennsylvania. Whatkindof a sick demented idiot would want to live here?? Will write later to let youknow how the trial goes…

Banter definition from dictionary.com - an exchange of light, playful, teasing remarks; good-natured raillery.

—Synonyms

1. badinage, joking, jesting, pleasantry, persiflage. 2. tease, twit; ridicule, deride, mock.

I love how griping about missed storm opportunities has caused such a firestorm. If you don't want some lighthearted observations then remove "Banter" from the title thread. This is exactly the thread for it otherwise. People need to lighten up. You have basically the same 6 or so guys posting and only one of you is a professional....keep that in mind. People are selfish and want every storm to hit them and when it doesn't they are disappointed and they post their "observations" that way. When us "whiners" do get hit nicely then we do post our observations accordingly.

There is a reason why there is no traffic really on this sub-forum because you've managed to mock/bully/degrade/condecend everybody else away.....good job.

Back to reality....its dry....very dry with no relief in sight.

If every single post you make, wasn't whining, combined with being dead wrong in what you say, and PROVEN dead wrong, nobody would have one bit of a problem with what you say. How come you didn't address the fact that your whining about being in a drought is wrong, and you are actually the wettest county in DE, and right at normal, or just above? And you say when you get hit nicely you post your obs accordingly? Go back and read your posts, you haven't posted one good ob without whining in months. And you don't just whine in this thread, there is posts of you whining in the thunderstorm thread also. But go ahead, keep completely ingnoring what the mods and others are trying to tell you, and thinking your getting bullied, you'll be handled soon enough.

I think somebody has a Napoleon complex. How would you know that every observation I make is wrong? Do you live in the 19810 area code? I do not live on the NCC airport tarmac genius. I live 15 or so miles north of it. I am actually 1 mile due south of Delco so my observations are closer to what those folks are seeing. That map you reference took one single reference point in the entire county and you infer that that is what all of us are seeing. Do you not see the failure in that logic? One single pop-up storm over the airport can make it look like the entire county has been wet for the entire month.

The reason I haven't had post about being nicely hit in the past couple of months is because I haven't. Plain and simple. I agree that complaining in a model thread is wrong and doesn't belong there so I'll refrain from that.

If every single post you make, wasn't whining, combined with being dead wrong in what you say, and PROVEN dead wrong, nobody would have one bit of a problem with what you say. How come you didn't address the fact that your whining about being in a drought is wrong, and you are actually the wettest county in DE, and right at normal, or just above? And you say when you get hit nicely you post your obs accordingly? Go back and read your posts, you haven't posted one good ob without whining in months. And you don't just whine in this thread, there is posts of you whining in the thunderstorm thread also. But go ahead, keep completely ingnoring what the mods and others are trying to tell you, and thinking your getting bullied, you'll be handled soon enough.

I think somebody has a Napoleon complex. How would you know that every observation I make is wrong? Do you live in the 19810 area code? I do not live on the NCC airport tarmac genius. I live 15 or so miles north of it. I am actually 1 mile due south of Delco so my observations are closer to what those folks are seeing. That map you reference took one single reference point in the entire county and you infer that that is what all of us are seeing. Do you not see the failure in that logic? One single pop-up storm over the airport can make it look like the entire county has been wet for the entire month.

The reason I haven't had post about being nicely hit in the past couple of months is because I haven't. Plain and simple. I agree that complaining in a model thread is wrong and doesn't belong there so I'll refrain from that.

Its not one single location being the NCC Airport, its a collective of the whole county and its a pretty big county, You have gotten alot this year some of us have gotten less then you, so just shut your yap, you have very few posts left of your 5 PPD. Enjoy going outside its nice out. Think about stuff and maybe you'll get to see the other side.

Archived