• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Dec 2 12Z & 18Z Models

WxUSAF

No one else started it, so I might as well.

Basically...clipper looks very consistent on the 12z runs and all miss us wide south. Definitely cold next week. Wouldn't be surprised if some lake-effect flurries get over the mountains or one of the vortmaxs rotating around the big low in the NE/Canadian maritimes spits out some flakes. GFS has 2 chances for light snow late next week about the same time as the Euro. Pattern breaks down after mid-month with Pac firehouse jet roaring straight across the country.

Based on comments in the NY/Philly forum, the Euro gives us chances of a few dustings/light accums/flurries early next week, although people weren't exactly sure of the cause. Big storm around Day 10 looks all rain since it appears to cut west of the Apps. Very cold (for this time of year) in general until then.

Based on comments in the NY/Philly forum, the Euro gives us chances of a few dustings/light accums/flurries early next week, although people weren't exactly sure of the cause. Big storm around Day 10 looks all rain since it appears to cut west of the Apps. Very cold (for this time of year) in general until then.

Those are miserable times--- cold, rain then cold.

18z nam has the New England system a bit north and weaker which seems to allow the clipper to be back a smidge n and west with the precip... not sure it means anything but there's still time for perhaps something to change back good (better at least) up here

18z nam has the New England system a bit north and weaker which seems to allow the clipper to be back a smidge n and west with the precip... not sure it means anything but there's still time for perhaps something to change back good (better at least) up here

Yes, just a little. There's still time.

FWIW, the 12z euro ensembles through d15 bring back a pretty strong -nao.............AGAIN. It does have a miller b threat around d10 which may be on the mild side down here...(heck maybe even up this way), but then troughing gets established once again in the east. As far as the features go, we still have a -epo...well almost west based -epo, with a Bering Sea ridge. This teleconnects to a GOA low with a sw US ridge. Verbatim it might be miller-b(ish), but the troughing signal as of now seems strong in the east.

FWIW, the 12z euro ensembles through d15 bring back a pretty strong -nao.............AGAIN. It does have a miller b threat around d10 which may be on the mild side down here...(heck maybe even up this way), but then troughing gets established once again in the east. As far as the features go, we still have a -epo...well almost west based -epo, with a Bering Sea ridge. This teleconnects to a GOA low with a sw US ridge. Verbatim it might be miller-b(ish), but the troughing signal as of now seems strong in the east.

I think the idea of the noa ridging coming back makes sense. Thanks for the info on the euro ensembles beyond day 10.

18z gfs looks slightly better out to 54

Still, the vortex over NY is a deal breaker. The clipper just doesn't have room to get rid of the northwesterly flow across the area and if you look at the 54hr forecast 500 h, the lines actually suggest confluence over us. I don't see the NY vortex getting out of way which makes it hard to get the snow up our way.

Still, the vortex over NY is a deal breaker. The clipper just doesn't have room to get rid of the northwesterly flow across the area and if you look at the 54hr forecast 500 h, the lines actually suggest confluence over us. I don't see the NY vortex getting out of way which makes it hard to get the snow up our way.

yeah im just grasping at this pt... oh well

I have to agree wes, I mean im giving it a few more runs then punt, for sampling purposes

Dec 3 12z GFS also not throwing us much of a bone for snow in the next 2 weeks. Does get flurries up to the southern DC burbs with the clipper this weekend. Then a weak looking Miller B next Friday/Saturday that misses us north, besides some flurries probably. Definitely solidly cold for the next 10-14 days. Into fantasy land, GFS still has a -NAO but a west coast trough and big SE ridge.

Archived