• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June General Banter Thread

jrips27

I'm going to go ahead and banter in the June thread since today is the last day of May and tomorrow will be the same.The pool temperature was 88!!!Seriously??!!??I should have just put some bubbles in there and taken a bath.Usually,when I get out I am a little cooler,but not today no wind at all.Time to put some cold water in there and hopefully knock it down a few degrees.So, here's to the first day of Hurricane season.Hopefully we will get some relief soon!

I'm going to go ahead and banter in the June thread since today is the last day of May and tomorrow will be the same.The pool temperature was 88!!!Seriously??!!??I should have just put some bubbles in there and taken a bath.Usually,when I get out I am a little cooler,but not today no wind at all.Time to put some cold water in there and hopefully knock it down a few degrees.So, here's to the first day of Hurricane season.Hopefully we will get some relief soon!

I would love to do the pool thing if the snakes would keep thier wicked selves outa there!!

Here in good ol' Baton Rouge, LA, we broke century old high temp records at least 2 or 3 days this past week, going over 100 degrees for a few days. We also _finally_ got some rain Saturday and Sunday afternoons, to help ease the drought condition just slightly. It wasn't a lot though. Haven't heard yet how far short of annual rainfall averages we are at this point, but I'm sure it's mounting.

Here in Baton Rouge, we now have had afternoon summertime weather patterns three days in a row. We get Gulf moisture coming inland and reacting with daytime heating to set off thunderstorms most afternoons in the summer. They usually begin around 2pm or 3pm, and can last a couple of hours, sometimes up into the evenong. Given that we've been drought-stricken of late, it's good to have summertime patterns starting finally.

Anyone else been having trouble loading NWS radar? I kept trying to look at it yesterday with no luck. Ended up using the local TV station's radar instead...

It could be the phone company's fault. A friend of mine works for NWS. Last week the radar at his location was down a day or so. They thought it was caused by a software upgrade their tech had done. Turned out, the phone company had screwed up a circuit and caused the outage.

Wouldn't it be funny if the forecast office was unable to issue a warning for lack of radar, and people affected sued the phone company??

Hey Se peeps, What are you useing for weather apps on your droids? What's a good FREE or cheap app with a good Radar etc...? I've looked a Weather channel, Accuweather, Anything better out there?

TIA,

Rodney

I use an app called Rainy Days. Its quick and reliable. Nothing special but it works for me. You can't beat FREE!

House flies

I'm working at my computer in the basement and the house flys are on steroids. We don't run our A/C that much (it stays on 78 or 80) and it seems this time of year the flies are very agressive and fast. I always like it when it cools off and they get fat and sluggish and can hardly move and are easy to kill. Anyway, I assume this is what is happening, that they are strong and fast when its hot, but then get weaker when it cools off. Does anyone keep their A/C down in the 60's? I'd be curious how the flies react to that.

http://wattsupwithth...wn-for-a-while/

Noticed this on the news today. However, it's been on my radar for about two years. FYI, there is minor discussion on the climate section of this board. I just wanted to draw everyone's attention to the national story. Long term, I think we are looking at cooling winters in the southeast. When that begins I have no idea as this event (the Maunder-like minimum) predates modern science and modern scientific measurements. It's huge news should it truly verify. The implications are unknown but could be impressive as almost all minimums of this scale should be accompanied by significant global cooling. I agree w/ Anthony Watts - stunning.

Archived