• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
00z model thread

yoda

the 500 wave se of new england is stronger this run and isn't allowing for any amplification... the detail differences are rather small overall i think

Yep, that's certainly a good part of the problem but the clipper itself starts off weaker before getting close to the eastern trof so it's sort of a double whammy.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, that's certainly a good part of the problem but the clipper itself starts off weaker before getting close to the eastern trof so it's sort of a double whammy.

These all seem like details the NAM is going to have trouble with in this range. It has not been exactly steady. 18z was about as good as you get with a clipper in these parts... It waffling off is not a huge shock. It still looks like there is potential.

Its still has potential---12z showed this as well, between 78 and 84 hours, now between 66 and 72 a little jet streak develops-- (showing the 72 hour map--don't be lazy, check out the 66 hour 300 mb map)

It may only be a 50 mile wide band, but someone's going to get a nice little clipper.

Mmk35.gif

Seems like the mets in the Central forum really don't like the NAM :lol:

2 things, one its grossly overdoing the thing out in the ocean, and the bigger one with regards to the clipper itself, look at 700 where it has the Omegas from 54 on just doesn't make sense. Both things have gigantic implications.

might work out better if it slows down some

that 72 hr map looks spicy if it had some room to grow

sref had things a bit more amped at the very end, i wonder if it will try to climb at all still.

i'd still rather have the precip south at this point.

Pretty sure it is a rule that clippers always come north at the last minute. I doubt this will end up fringing RIC...

most things do come north.. we need some corrections here but it's the nam at longer range..

most things do come north.. we need some corrections here but it's the nam at longer range..

I wouldn't be overly concerned by the NAM solution yet if I was there. If all the other guidance comes in like that, then I would be concerned. NAM can sometimes catch a trend and then totally do a 180 on one run in that time range. Who knows what its doing this time, but I wouldn't put too much weight into it at 10pm.

The trend you are looking for is the same we're looking for here...but for a different reason...more amplified will help it retrograde back W after it goes out to sea initially.

I mentioned in the NE subforum that the vortmax ESE of New England went totally nuts on the NAM...it could be one of those things its obsessing over that really isn't in tune with reality. Sometimes the downside of a very high resolution model like the NAM. But again, it could be right...we'll just have to wait and see.

Seems like I remember people posting those individual members last year. Is there a site where that is available?

PSU Ewall

http://www.meteo.psu.../ewallsref.html

The individual members aren't updated yet on ewall, but they should be shortly...

Edit: Actually they are updated, thought they didn't update until ~1030 on the site, but I guess not...

PSU Ewall

http://www.meteo.psu.../ewallsref.html

The individual members aren't updated yet on ewall, but they should be shortly...

Edit: Actually they are updated, thought they didn't update until ~1030 on the site, but I guess not...

Thanks. I don't have a trained eye like Phin likes ( :) ) , but my untrained eye sees some of those members with a much more amplified look to them.

Archived