joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
00z model thread

yoda

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just a reminder to try to put side commentary in this thread: http://www.americanw...-banter-thread/

we need to really try to keep these model threads tight and on topic especially when there is a threat

also even tho yoda started with two maps and nothing else, we all know where to get the maps... or should. google: ncep models. plz do either add to the convo or ask a few questions if needed rather than post every image you see.

just a reminder to try to put side commentary in this thread: http://www.americanw...-banter-thread/

we need to really try to keep these model threads tight and on topic especially when there is a threat

also even tho yoda started with two maps and nothing else, we all know where to get the maps... or should. google: ncep models. plz do either add to the convo or ask a few questions if needed rather than post every image you see.

Can you please explain that crazy map with all of the yellow swirls and little x's to me again? Thanks.

if sref is a guide and it sometimes is for sure (though im not sure how valuable it is at this range), the new nam may be a bit north with it's heaviest precip shield. sref looks better in this area than the earlier run.

if sref is a guide and it sometimes is for sure (though im not sure how valuable it is at this range), the new nam may be a bit north with it's heaviest precip shield. sref looks better in this area than the earlier run.

Seems the QPF is a little better. Also noted the dip in the 500 is a good bit sharper in the new run. Am I right and isn't this good for us.

Seems the QPF is a little better. Also noted the dip in the 500 is a good bit sharper in the new run. Am I right and isn't this good for us.

yeah, a bit it seems.. the 500 s/w does seem to pass a bit further south than the last run though so i dunno what that means... or why if that's the case it would appear there is more moisture here. it is a bit more amplified at the end however. i see the sref as a secondary tool unless you're within 24 hours and there are big discrepencies among various models or something. but it could still give a hint at what the nam will look like i guess.

Archived