Newest Member
    joxey
The high dewpoint thread

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

67/66 at 04Z...pretty sticky. While I do enjoy the milder weather, I can do without the stickies. But, this is nothing like it was while in CHS. Many times, had seen dewpts in the lower-mid 70s, and even saw 79-80 a couple of times. Now that's YUCK!

--Turtle ;)

67/66 at 04Z...pretty sticky. While I do enjoy the milder weather, I can do without the stickies. But, this is nothing like it was while in CHS. Many times, had seen dewpts in the lower-mid 70s, and even saw 79-80 a couple of times. Now that's YUCK!

--Turtle ;)

I had a dewpoint of 78F in early June during the heat wave. It was 93/78 at one point, I believe. Awful.

I love the lush landscape the Northeast has in summer, but the humid airmasses get tiresome. I lived in the Rockies last summer and felt much, much healthier and more comfortable. Even when it reached 85-90F in Montana, it didn't bother me since dewpoints were generally in the 40s, and even the warm nights were like 50-55F where I was living, at 4600' elevation.

The only good thing about this cold and rainy stretch is that dews have ranged from the upper 40s to mid 50s across all of New England.

Closest to swamp azz looks to be Massena, NY (way up north on the St Lawrence) where they had dews near 70F yesterday while all of New England was low 50s with sheet drizzle.

I had a dewpoint of 78F in early June during the heat wave. It was 93/78 at one point, I believe. Awful.

We had 93 with 77 dew last July in DEC, more than enough for me. At least we didn't get some of that corn-powered mid-80s dewpoint stuff sometimes happening in IA/IL. The good part was the fantastic light show that evening, albeit from a near miss, followed by 3.3" rain in 2 hr with lots of thunder from the one that didn't miss.

Archived