• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
December 2010

HWY316wx

The GFS keeps on reloading a mega block over greenland in the long range. Hopefully that will mean we get a few decent chances of snow in the 2nd half of December. It looks like we're screwed for the next 8 to 10 days with nothing but cool dry weather with the exception of the occasional trailing cold front that will warm up enough for rain as it passes us by.

Here's the block showing up on the 00z GFS and the 06z GFS.

post-309-0-55094800-1291474824.gif

post-309-0-56349300-1291474831.gif

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Op Euro very cold at the end of the period with a snow threat for eastern GA to the Carolinas.

Congrats NC folks on the snow, but since I will not get snow here I personally hate this pattern (sorry)- lows near 20 three days in a row coming up then more Arctic chill later on. Without snow this is just uncomfortable and expensive.

Maybe the Euro threat of snow will extend farther west with time, but there is a lot of uncertainty regarding details in the 8-10 day range details- the cold is a given, but precip? Anybody's guess.

http://www.americanw...5151#entry65151

These kind of articles are what make this board great. Probably one of the best write-ups in quite a long time...Specifically, read the third-to-the-last paragraph. I don't entirely know what this means for the SE crew, but it doesn't sound like a warm forecast through mid-January. I always take it as a bonus when we get our coldest air in late December and early January. That's the way it should be, but that's not always how it is. Anyway, for those of us not in the meteorological field, this article is a great one to learn from.

New Op Euro very cold at the end of the period with a snow threat for eastern GA to the Carolinas.

Congrats NC folks on the snow, but since I will not get snow here I personally hate this pattern (sorry)- lows near 20 three days in a row coming up then more Arctic chill later on. Without snow this is just uncomfortable and expensive.

Maybe the Euro threat of snow will extend farther west with time, but there is a lot of uncertainty regarding details in the 8-10 day range details- the cold is a given, but precip? Anybody's guess.

Could you go a little more into detail with the date of the threat?

Archived