northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Next severe weather event April 26-29

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing video.

Looks like business is about to pick up.

And on the cusp of a potentially serious severe weather outbreak..FFC comes out with one of the most pathetic discussions ever considering the circumstances. I don't get it, they have had great discussions for several days leading up to this and now that it is nearly upon us they give us that pile of dog poo as a discussion. Typical. I understand that things might be busy but so are things for the other nws offices but they still are able to come out with a detailed discussion highlighting their current thoughts. Just when you think ffc has turned the corner, they fall back into suckage.

This is the amazingly insightful latest discussion :rolleyes:

.SHORT TERM /TONIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT/...

THE STRONG SOUTHERLY FLOW CONTINUES TO BRING A VERY WARM AND MOIST

AIR MASS INTO THE AREA...HELPING TO CREATE A VERY UNSTABLE AIR

MASS. THIS WILL CONTINUE INTO THE EVENING FOR MUCH OF THE AREA AND

SPREADING SOUTH AND EAST DURING THE OVERNIGHT HOURS INTO THURSDAY

MORNING WHEN THE ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT IS EXPECTED TO NEARING THE

GEORGIA COAST. A LARGE AREA OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL MOVING ACROSS THE

SOUTHERN PLAINS WILL START USHERING A DRIER AIR MASS INTO THE

REGION DURING THE DAY THURSDAY BEHIND THE FRONT. IT WILL MAINTAIN

DRY CONDITIONS THROUGH FRIDAY.

Glad we have other offices and people here who aren't so ho hum about keeping people up to date on their latest thinking.

I'm concerned for folks... I'm telling people how bad things are here in Marietta and the most common response I get is....

"It's gonna go north"

"It's not coming"

"They always say it's coming and nothing happens"

This is sad...

Yeah, I've been telling friends to keep their eyes and ears open tonight just in case. But I keep getting texts saying "the weather channel says it's not going to be bad'.

Amazing video.

And on the cusp of a potentially serious severe weather outbreak..FFC comes out with one of the most pathetic discussions ever considering the circumstances. I don't get it, they have had great discussions for several days leading up to this and now that it is nearly upon us they give us that pile of dog poo as a discussion. Typical. I understand that things might be busy but so are things for the other nws offices but they still are able to come out with a detailed discussion highlighting their current thoughts. Just when you think ffc has turned the corner, they fall back into suckage.

Glad we have other offices and people here who aren't so ho hum about keeping people up to date on their latest thinking.

I was just thinking the same thing, but this time I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt....hopefully they're so busy preparing that they don't have time for a thorough discussion. At least I'd like to think so. Good lord, northern Mississippi is getting pummeled.

Amazing video.

This is the amazingly insightful latest discussion :rolleyes:

.SHORT TERM /TONIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT/...

THE STRONG SOUTHERLY FLOW CONTINUES TO BRING A VERY WARM AND MOIST

AIR MASS INTO THE AREA...HELPING TO CREATE A VERY UNSTABLE AIR

MASS. THIS WILL CONTINUE INTO THE EVENING FOR MUCH OF THE AREA AND

SPREADING SOUTH AND EAST DURING THE OVERNIGHT HOURS INTO THURSDAY

MORNING WHEN THE ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT IS EXPECTED TO NEARING THE

GEORGIA COAST. A LARGE AREA OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL MOVING ACROSS THE

SOUTHERN PLAINS WILL START USHERING A DRIER AIR MASS INTO THE

REGION DURING THE DAY THURSDAY BEHIND THE FRONT. IT WILL MAINTAIN

DRY CONDITIONS THROUGH FRIDAY.

You're kidding...Thanks FFC. The folks down there definitely got a lot of detail out of this situation. :arrowhead: They must assume this will be information that saves lives...

Archived