• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Looking down the barrel of a gun

iceman

thats an unbelievable video....straight to the action you can see it coming and it goes right by him. Maybe the best I've ever seen. I think e could easily have been lifted up and killed and somebody found his camera, which would have been some wild video itself, but wouldn't do him any good.

thats an unbelievable video....straight to the action you can see it coming and it goes right by him. Maybe the best I've ever seen. I think e could easily have been lifted up and killed and somebody found his camera, which would have been some wild video itself, but wouldn't do him any good.

Yeah, so much for insurance. Looks like you screwed up big time sir. It better come out of your pockets!

I cant recall a closer shot other than the stom stories episode where the person filming got up underneath an overpass as the funnel went right on top of them. Hard to beleive this guy want be on a Good Morning America or Regis show in the morning getting interviewed. All these vids and pics are unbeleivable. Thanks to eyewall and everyone else for sharing.

Wow-- great video. For whatever reason, I don't consider him dumb. He felt compelled to capture a unique moment. I'm impressed how steady his voice was.

Re: the actual tornado... It looked like it was moving really, really fast-- just blew past him in a couple of seconds.

I agree... too often people are quick to get angry at someone for "doing something so dumb" etc. The person knows there's a risk, if he wants to then I'm all for it. And the payoff is amazing video like this. That being said, he's lucky he didn't get a 2x4 between the eyes.

I cant recall a closer shot other than the stom stories episode where the person filming got up underneath an overpass as the funnel went right on top of them. Hard to beleive this guy want be on a Good Morning America or Regis show in the morning getting interviewed. All these vids and pics are unbeleivable. Thanks to eyewall and everyone else for sharing.

There is only one other tornado video where someone took the full brunt without moving and that was the poland tornado.

Both were great video where the person taking them put themselves at risk of DEATH. No video is worth that.

Heres the poland video

There is only one other tornado video where someone took the full brunt without moving and that was the poland tornado.

Both were great video where the person taking them put themselves at risk of DEATH. No video is worth that.

Heres the poland video

Omg, I forgot how cool this video is. I love that-- especially how you can see the trees change direction and bend in the opposite direction once the center of the circulation passes them.

Shaggy, did you catch any action where you were?

Omg, I forgot how cool this video is. I love that-- especially how you can see the trees change direction and bend in the opposite direction once the center of the circulation passes them.

And his car wasn't a rental.

I was able to tuck up right behind a really well defined wall cloud with good rotation. Not sure if what I saw was an actual tornado or if I was fulled by scudd with alot of vertical movement. After it passed by me there was a report of "multiple tornadoes" which is very similiar to what I saw which was a large circulation with little wisps and spin ups.

I was able to tuck up right behind a really well defined wall cloud with good rotation. Not sure if what I saw was an actual tornado or if I was fulled by scudd with alot of vertical movement. After it passed by me there was a report of "multiple tornadoes" which is very similiar to what I saw which was a large circulation with little wisps and spin ups.

Cool-- glad you caught something. Maybe you'll get a nice 'cane this year. :wub:

Balls of stone and an IQ of 20 makes a very bad combination.

Rag on him all you want-- but the bottom line is he caught some unforgettable footage.

Maybe since I'm a chaser I just think of the great shot as being more important than anything else-- but I respect that he had the chutzpah to keep that camera trained on it. In his ten seconds of staying put and not freaking out, he caught more spectacular footage than I've gotten after years and years of hurricane chasing.

Good for him!

Rag on him all you want-- but the bottom line is he caught some unforgettable footage.

Maybe since I'm a chaser I just think of the great shot as being more important than anything else-- but I respect that he had the chutzpah to keep that camera trained on it. In his ten seconds of staying put and not freaking out, he caught more spectacular footage than I've gotten after years and years of hurricane chasing.

Good for him!

Great video of course but how do you think his wife or family would have felt if, as someone said earlier " he took a 2x4 between the eyes".

No video is worth that.

Since you are a chaser when a T is coming right at you do you move or wait for it to come to you?

Just curious.

Great video of course but how do you think his wife or family would have felt if, as someone said earlier " he took a 2x4 between the eyes".

No video is worth that.

Since you are a chaser when a T is coming right at you do you move or wait for it to come to you?

Just curious.

I chase tropical cyclones, so it's a bit different. But, hey, I've put myself in harm's way many times-- been clobbered by flying roofs, been in buildings that lost windows and roofs, had the car surrounded by surge, etc. Of course family comes to mind-- I always worry how my mother would take the news if I didn't come back-- but... but... there's just this overwhelming compulsion to be in the thick of it. It's hard to explain.

I see what you're saying, though. It's a complex topic.

I chase tropical cyclones, so it's a bit different. But, hey, I've put myself in harm's way many times-- been clobbered by flying roofs, been in buildings that lost windows and roofs, had the car surrounded by surge, etc. Of course family comes to mind-- I always worry how my mother would take the news if I didn't come back-- but... but... there's just this overwhelming compulsion to be in the thick of it. It's hard to explain.

I see what you're saying, though. It's a complex topic.

I have a hard time explaining this to people at work when they think i'm crazy for timing a lunch break the exact time a storm hits so I can go out and watch it. Same reason I get out of bed at 3 am when a storm rolls through so I don't miss anything. It really is an addiction of some sort I believe.

I have a hard time explaining this to people at work when they think i'm crazy for timing a lunch break the exact time a storm hits so I can go out and watch it. Same reason I get out of bed at 3 am when a storm rolls through so I don't miss anything. It really is an addiction of some sort I believe.

You should have called in on this one.

Archived