• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Our first torch of 2011 April 11-12th

Damage In Tolland

I about 1.5 under normal for the month, been stuck in that marine air with clouds and chilly breezes. One good day so far. Last year was awesome, everything was bloomed, grass growing full tilt etc. Looking around it's still got that bleak winterish look. Looking forward to some sunny, warm real spring type days with full clear blue skies. Couple of hours of late day sun just is not enough.

Last year was a huge outlier for Aprils here. Its like expecting the winter of '09-'10 again in the Mid-Atlantic. That just doesn't happen. This year has actually been solidly above avg for temps thus far up here (but almost all of it was because of yesterday's temps)...its been pretty average otherwise. We'll see how it is another 2 weeks from now. What I don't want is a horrific late April and early May...those are the worst. I expect some pretty cruddy days though in the first 2-3 weeks of April.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been a good spring overall.

No backdoors..no miserable cold rainy days..except for tomorrow and maybe Saturday.

Everyone is above normal..It's not last year..but we;ve had plenty of sunny , mild days

Uh PVD is -1 for the month and has not been above 62 , it's been different down here Kev . Not rainy but not a sunny nice spring like Joe has had.

Last year was a huge outlier for Aprils here. Its like expecting the winter of '09-'10 again in the Mid-Atlantic. That just doesn't happen. This year has actually been solidly above avg for temps thus far up here (but almost all of it was because of yesterday's temps)...its been pretty average otherwise. We'll see how it is another 2 weeks from now. What I don't want is a horrific late April and early May...those are the worst. I expect some pretty cruddy days though in the first 2-3 weeks of April.

i was looking over 4/10 temperatures the other day. they are really pretty remarkable. i will always remember that spring as being a once in a lifetime experience but i still was in a bit of shock when i went back and looked at the data...it was just so warm.

Yep you guys out of the marine influence have had a much better spring , just check PVD and IJD for that matter. What I would like is average temps with sun, been as I said , cloudy,chilly, windy. No complaints just stating the difference a couple of miles make. Yesterday actually at my house ended up being an average day. High of 58

Well you're not that far from me.. Our weather isn;t that different in the springtime.

This past weekend wasn't sunny and 60's both days in your area?

No it was cloudy Sunday, Sat was nice, like I said 1 real nice day. Sunday was warm though. I was 58 yesterday you were low 70 s big difference.

Yep you guys out of the marine influence have had a much better spring , just check PVD and IJD for that matter. What I would like is average temps with sun, been as I said , cloudy,chilly, windy. No complaints just stating the difference a couple of miles make. Yesterday actually at my house ended up being an average day. High of 58

We've probably had 2 or 3 nice days here. Though only Sunday and Monday got above 60F. Its been pretty average here as far as I'm concerned with the huge exception of yesterday where we got above 70F with decent sun. I definitely wouldn't call this month exceptionally nice so far here but I wouldn't call it bad either. We still had winter on April 1st with nearly 7" of snow, lol.

We've probably had 2 or 3 nice days here. Though only Sunday and Monday got above 60F. Its been pretty average here as far as I'm concerned with the huge exception of yesterday where we got above 70F with decent sun. I definitely wouldn't call this month exceptionally nice so far here but I wouldn't call it bad either. We still had winter on April 1st with nearly 7" of snow, lol.

I know , nice to get an April snow on the books again,ready now for baseball, frisbee,tee shirt weather. Eh nothing else to talk about weather wise, extended Dead zone until Sept H season or worse late Nov snow threats.

I haven't cracked 70F all month and the last 3 days have been the only ones this month to crack 60F. 63/61/60 respectively. Just ho-hum April weather for me. It's been pretty dry rain wise after the rains on the 1st. Only 0.23" of rain since the 1st.

That's gonna change tomorrow for sure. Much needed rain.

3hr QPF from the 18z NAM for 00z-03z tonight. Totally busting over SNE right now.

NAM has been horrible with this storm for the last few days. Looks like it hasn't gotten any better. I've stuck with the GFS/Euro for a while. Now in the near term, the HRRR doesn't look too bad.

What do you think about thunder for us tomorrow? / Any frozen precip? / Both at the same time? whistle.gif

How do you get thunder from that? (not saying it's not, just not sure how you get thunder from a sounding)

Thanks

There's elevated instability in that sounding -- a parcel raised from ~750mb will rise moist adiabatically. The environmental mid level lapse rate is greater than moist adiabatic (as the mid level cool pool moves in) so the parcel will be warmer than the environment--> convective acceleration.

For comparison's sake, here's the sounding that actually did produce thunder sleet back in February in Plymouth, accompanied by hail I might add!!!

post-128-0-77991400-1302658421.jpg

Archived