• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
SNE convective threat!

weatherwiz

Yeah that was amazing. It was a Wednesday night.

I knew there was a chance for storms b/c I had been watching the weather and news. Back then I used to go to the Pokemon league at Toys R Us which was from 7:00-9:00 PM. My mom picked me and my brothers up and the first thing I asked her was if she heard anything more about the weather. She said they were talking about bad storms overnight...I don't remember if she had told me we were in a watch or if I found out when I got home.

Aren't you still in that?

Pretty awesome event.

And BIrv, nice capture!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that was amazing. It was a Wednesday night.

I knew there was a chance for storms b/c I had been watching the weather and news. Back then I used to go to the Pokemon league at Toys R Us which was from 7:00-9:00 PM. My mom picked me and my brothers up and the first thing I asked her was if she heard anything more about the weather. She said they were talking about bad storms overnight...I don't remember if she had told me we were in a watch or if I found out when I got home.

:facepalm:

Aren't you still in that?

Pretty awesome event.

And BIrv, nice capture!

I think ECK uploaded it, he gets the credit. Maybe before the next 10 or 20 years we'll see a redux.

Today is boring, not even any thunder with that NH cell.

You know whats funny? I'm about to get a tstm in a bit and I didn't even get warm sectored.

Most of the best April storms occur in the cool sector, though. Maybe I'm wrong. sfc based convection and New England, (In April of all months), is rarely ever up for discussion.

In what season do thunderstorms fire up in the cold sector of a storm?

Cold sector : cloudy damp drizzly/rainly stable

Warm sector: breaks of sun/sun high dp's instability

Spring through early summer, some of our most active thunder days are actually on the cooler side of the airmass.

When we get the 90/70 days up to DC in May/June, and it's 68/56 in Boston.....there's usually a pretty significant storm potential up through NY/NJ/ PA and even CT/W MA....dying east from there. It's often only 70s or 80s through NY/CT, but they're near a triple point or NE and there is often enough shear and elevated instability to overcome..

One of the best storm nights I've seen in April or May was back in early May 2004...we had hail the size of pennies and very vivid lighting in North Attleboro - 53/50 airmass! S ORH county had a very strong storm too with dime size hail, no warmer than 50.

Check out this April May through Iowa, SD, MN....there will be tor warnings and 65/60 type stuff. :D

Spring through early summer, some of our most active thunder days are actually on the cooler side of the airmass.

When we get the 90/70 days up to DC in May/June, and it's 68/56 in Boston.....there's usually a pretty significant storm potential up through NY/NJ/ PA and even CT/W MA....dying east from there. It's often only 70s or 80s through NY/CT, but they're near a triple point or NE and there is often enough shear and elevated instability to overcome..

One of the best storm nights I've seen in April or May was back in early May 2004...we had hail the size of pennies and very vivid lighting in North Attleboro - 53/50 airmass! S ORH county had a very strong storm too with dime size hail, no warmer than 50.

Check out this April May through Iowa, SD, MN....there will be tor warnings and 65/60 type stuff. :D

When we get the 90/70 days up to DC in May/June, and it's 68/56 in Boston.....there's usually a pretty significant storm potential up through NY/NJ/ PA a

nd even CT/W MA....dying east from there. It's often only 70s or 80s through NY/CT, but they're near a triple point or NE and there is often enough shear and elevated instability to overcome..

Yeah-

but correct me if I'm wrong its because we are closer to the dynamics and forcing than down south.. its really that what overcomes the colder airmass.. idk what were even discussing anymore hahahaha

Archived