Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
SNE convective threat!

weatherwiz

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It still probably means nothing for most.

Even if the front were to come through in the afternoon I'm not really sure that would change anything. The only thing it would do is give us a chance to see some stronger solar heating and warmer temperatures so we'd see steeper low level lapse rates which could help with the threat for some strong wind gusts.

This convection though (up at least up our way) was always going to be more dependent on dynamics/lift anyways...not much in the way from sfc instability. The dynamics/lift are there and mid-level lapse rates are fairly steep so perhaps we still get a fine line of forced convection with some thunder/lightning...I know that's nothing impressive but it's still fun.

Better chance at severe will be down across the mid-Atlantic towards the coastal areas.

Tomorrow morning could be fun with thunder/lightning! There will be an inversion from hell so I don't think we'll see much in the way of convective winds. Models are indicating a good deal of elevated instability though with TT"s getting above 50, KI getting into the lower 30's, SI dropping just below zero, even the LI gets fairly close to zero indicating there could be some very weak sfc instability. The dynamical support will be there and there will be some very strong lift.

There could be a nice fine line of convection with some good lightning and a few loud booms.

We're more likely to get accumulating snow in October than a severe wx event in April.

What a horrible time of year. Last year it was welcomed after that the debacle of a winter. This year it's like coming down from a high and now there's nothing to look forward to. Perhaps we can try and muster up an interesting summer wx wise.....well interesting by SNE standards, anyways.

What a horrible time of year. Last year it was welcomed after that the debacle of a winter. This year it's like coming down from a high and now there's nothing to look forward to. Perhaps we can try and muster up an interesting summer wx wise.....well interesting by SNE standards, anyways.

a little humidity and mid 80s... wow... what a great thing to experience

At least last year had nasty highs in triple digits.

Very impressive squall line down to our SW. Severe thunderstorm watch issued for a large chunk of NJ. It will be interesting to see whether or not the northern extent of that line can develop more. Mid level lapse rates are fairly steep, up around 6.5 C/KM and there is a good deal of dynamics in place. Based on where the line is located seems like it's getting a good deal of support from the nose of the LLJ, especially more towards the extent of the northern portion of the line. The line may also be getting support from the right entrance region of a very potent ULJ.

I live 10 minutes from campus..and have been following them since the late 80's..When I got into high school I became a huge college hoops fan.

The best part is Wiz has nothing to say and can't even offer a congrats

Well congrats on the win. I could care less about NCAA, but I know you love them.

Archived