• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
April General Banter Thread

superjames1992

I'm rather surprised to see that my oak has inexplicably resurrected after seemingly dying amongst the other trees here. Normally it's always the first to bloom and the first to lose leaves but this go around it was the last to bloom. For about the past couple of weeks (and again it may be due to its old age) it had bloomed the first few days then lost all the flowers and any leaves that were growing on it all the sudden, which I really can't explain. I step outside today and took a good look at it to see that it's been playing catch up and getting some greenage on the top and mid branches. Now if it can just keep that going, I think I will actually have some shade provided for the summer when I'm outside weed-eating around the yard and working on my bike.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well april sucks so far imby. no storms yesterday, air conditioner went out last night. car died while at a friends house feeding his pets about an hour ago, and couldnt reach anyone for a lift (finally a nice lady gave me a ride home when she saw me walking down the street in a suit when its hot!)

the first really warm and humid weekend of the year is not the time to lose the ac. maybe tomorrow night we can get a storm and make up for it :scooter:

Raleigh nws now mentioning a chance of a few isolated thunderstorms for Tuesday afternoon just to my north. At this point if a few decent cells develop I may try to catch one. I have not seen a bad thunderstorm in almost 2 years and i'm getting desperate!

EXPECT THE FRONT AND ACCOMPANYING

SHOWERS AND STORMS TO BE EAST OF THE AREA BY AROUND MID MORNING

TUESDAY. HOWEVER... WITH MODELS SHOWING A CLOSED LOW DEVELOPING

ALOFT AND PASSING JUST TO OUR NORTH OR ACROSS OUR NORTHEAST...

EXPECT WE COULD SEE SOME ISOLATED TO SCATTERED INSTABILITY SHOWERS

AND STORMS... POSSIBLY WITH HAIL... WITH THE BEST CHANCE ACROSS

NORTHEAST SECTIONS OF THE CWA. FOR NOW WILL JUST ADD ISOLATED

THUNDERSTORMS TO THE FORECAST.

Quick question for any of the internet experts here. I'm using AT&T High Speed Internet and for about 2 months now it's been running perfect, going at its maximum speed as promised by the advertising. However, I've recently ran into an issue where (say for example my homepage) suddenly doesn't load quick. It takes what feels like forever to load it where it normally only took 2 seconds for completion. Not only that, but it also affects my buffering rate on videos by drastically increasing the time it takes to finish and downloads are reduced to speeds like that of dial-up. Anyone else ever had this kind of issue arise and if so, how would one resolve this? TIA

Quick question for any of the internet experts here. I'm using AT&T High Speed Internet and for about 2 months now it's been running perfect, going at its maximum speed as promised by the advertising. However, I've recently ran into an issue where (say for example my homepage) suddenly doesn't load quick. It takes what feels like forever to load it where it normally only took 2 seconds for completion. Not only that, but it also affects my buffering rate on videos by drastically increasing the time it takes to finish and downloads are reduced to speeds like that of dial-up. Anyone else ever had this kind of issue arise and if so, how would one resolve this? TIA

AT&T here too, and I'm having the same issues. Not sure what the cause is, called AT&T last week and they ran their "tests" said all lines were fine and so was the router. They could not provide any answers :unsure:

There is no high speed here except for Hughes net. It is absolutely horrible. Not much better than dial up. At the beach I have a fiber optic cable and it's incredible. I always dread coming back to this crappy connection. Just think how hard it is for me to get my obs to you people. So quit your whining.

Lol.. Do you have cell service there? I run my internet of Verizon 3g. $20 a month for WI fi unlimited WI fi service that I can run up to 5 devices at a time.

I heard at&t does not have the infrastructure to keep up with the growing demand from smartphones, I pads,etc.

For the record, I think I may have found my solution (don't know if it's temporary or a complete fix) and that was to keep the DSL cord unplugged while the computer is off for a while then reconnect before starting up the computer again. I did this a while ago and so far the Internet is going at its fastest speed again. Not sure how this fixes it but I'm glad I didn't have to make a call to AT&T.

Lol.. Do you have cell service there? I run my internet of Verizon 3g. $20 a month for WI fi unlimited WI fi service that I can run up to 5 devices at a time.

For some reason, US Cellular owns this county and their Internet service is about a half of G. Verison is making some inroads but I guess they don't think it's worth it for only 10 of us. :lol:

I know one thing, some of these days this spring have been some of the most beautiful I've seen in a long time in the spring. Everything is so green that it really has made it look stunning on many days and the temps have been perfect on many of them. I will miss these days when it will be hazy, dry, and hot.

Is anyone else having trouble viewing NWS local forecast pages? I'm only getting the "zone forecast" for both Chatham and Fayette counties, and the Fayette one is apparently from 7/15/10 :huh:

Edit: Nevermind, they're working now...

I know one thing, some of these days this spring have been some of the most beautiful I've seen in a long time in the spring. Everything is so green that it really has made it look stunning on many days and the temps have been perfect on many of them. I will miss these days when it will be hazy, dry, and hot.

i will second this statement! this is the first spring in years that we have had that bright 'emerald green' on the trees, bushes etc. - its gorgeous...and the rain has kept washing out the pollen to help keep things clean (although my allergies are still acting up lol)

+1

This is the best spring in my memory. We're coming up on a solid 2.5 months of real spring weather. Usually we only have a few weeks between too cold and too hot.

Just thought I let everyone know that today is my birthday! ^_^ I'm officially 20 years old now and that means it's only 1 year away from the legal age. It feels as though it's been forever to finally reach this number and already I feel old by saying this, let alone looking back at all the good times I've had in the past as a kid. :arrowhead: Time flies these days...

Just thought I let everyone know that today is my birthday! ^_^ I'm officially 20 years old now and that means it's only 1 year away from the legal age. It feels as though it's been forever to finally reach this number and already I feel old by saying this, let alone looking back at all the good times I've had in the past as a kid. :arrowhead: Time flies these days...

Happy Birthday!

Don't worry, time moves faster the older you get. I'm old enough that the drinking age was still 18 when I was 18, and it seems like the 90's were just yesterday :)

When you're 30 you can look back at the good times you had as a 20 year old.

Archived