wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
April 1st-2nd Nor'Easter Potential

Snow_Miser

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another question is why dont the local stations use the NWS and dump the extra salary of those on cam mets they dont need?

Weather is a much bigger ratings grabber than sports on local news these days. That is why you don't see Warner Wolf, Len Berman, Sal Marchiano and Scott Clark on TV these days.

Janice Huff forecasted flurries for that storm.On December 25,she also forecasted flurries for the Boxing Day blizzard. :facepalm:

I remember coming home from my friends Christmas dinner and seeing that and running to look at the models here. Why are mets are her even on the air??

The current Euro has it about 985 at NJ's latitude and I would be surprised if the storm ends up weaker than that. However, the mid level lows are taking their time getting organized and that's what will keep the QPF low.

The trend has been later developing this system for the past 36 hours or so. It's unfortunate that the trend continued as long as it did, but the mid levels aren't working in anyones favor this time around until the system is way too far north. There were model runs that had this storm sub 985 at New Jersey's latitude. Crazy how long ago that now seems.

Archived