Lo: 45F

Overall Sky Conditions: Partly Cloudy

Max Wind Gust: 21MPH

Rainfall: Trace

Snowfall: 0.0"

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was checking the 3 main indicies today and looks like we might be in for a sustained period of below normal temps the back half of the month possibly well into May. The NAO/AO are looking to tank and the PNA is going into positive territory. I had a feeling that this would be the spring to bring snow north of I-80 in May as far south as metro Chicago so we shall see.

Also is the SOI index still rising? Last week it jumped from 19 to 20.6 I think and wasn't sure if the la nina was regenrizing...hot summer? or if it might have been kelvin activity that affected it short term. Would like to tinker with a summer forecast, but as of now might stick with a 2007ish kinda summer cast. Thanks for any help.

another perfect +13 early spring day with generally light winds although it was pretty dam chilly on the way to the lake but it warmed up fast.. Looks like the euro says we're gonna pay for these nice days for awhile.. hopefully its wrong but even if its not by the time the misery of today's Euro run is over we will be on the last stretch to May so that is decent. I don't mind spring but it would be sweet if we could just fast forward to June after about april 15th and skip the ton of cooler by the lake days.

6 more months until leaf peeping season and looking for the first signs of a winter storms on the models.:arrowhead: Hopefully the Brewers can make summer fly by unlike last seasons ass stank season from them and momma nature.

This caught me by surprise....DTX going all out on the warmth next week

Friday...Partly sunny through mid morning...then becoming mostly sunny. Highs 87 to 91. West winds 5 to 15 mph.

Friday Night...Partly cloudy. Lows 63 to 67. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Saturday...Partly sunny and breezy. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs 85 to 89. West winds 10 to 15 mph...increasing to 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Saturday Night...Partly cloudy. Lows 64 to 68.

Sunday...Partly sunny. A chance of showers and thunderstorms during the afternoon. Highs 87 to 91. Chance of rain 40 percent.

another perfect +13 early spring day with generally light winds although it was pretty dam chilly on the way to the lake but it warmed up fast.. Looks like the euro says we're gonna pay for these nice days for awhile.. hopefully its wrong but even if its not by the time the misery of today's Euro run is over we will be on the last stretch to May so that is decent. I don't mind spring but it would be sweet if we could just fast forward to June after about april 15th and skip the ton of cooler by the lake days.

6 more months until leaf peeping season and looking for the first signs of a winter storms on the models.:arrowhead:Hopefully the Brewers can make summer fly by unlike last seasons ass stank season from them and momma nature.

Thats how I am with the Tigers. Once snow season ceases, Tigers begin, and they play until leaf peeping time and the next snow season is on the doorstep!

Too this pic in Detroit 4-13-11. Love the blue sky spring days

2819-800.jpg

Leaves are coming out on the trees pretty good around here now. Grass is green and growing pretty quickly. The cold temps over the next few days should stunt that though. Gonna be a cold/rainy day tomorrow with howling east winds.

Grass has quickly gotten very green here but no leaves on the trees at all yet (actually you can see that in pic I posted above).

Grass has quickly gotten very green here but no leaves on the trees at all yet (actually you can see that in pic I posted above).

Maples and fence line brush are starting to green up. The Norway Maples on my street have been loving this cool sunny pattern. Greened up very fast. Another couple of weeks and we will have small leaves.

Archived