• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Another winter storm March 28-30?

Hoosier

I haven't looked at models since mid last week so have no clue what's going on. Reading the MKE AFD everyday though it sounds like suppression with the 1st event.. Of course when I look at the model for the 1st time the GFS is ramming another storm up mine and Chicago's fanny. No surprise for the time of the yr but its been this way for a long time now.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice hit on the 18z GFS. Also has that D8 bomb like storm the EURO is showing, although east of an ideal position.

You should see the euro ensembles with that day 8 system. :lol: They are everywhere with tracks from say MN to as far se as off the se coast and everything in between. Probably the biggest spread i have seen among it's ensemble members at this range since i started following them.

You should see the euro ensembles with that day 8 system. :lol: They are everywhere with tracks from say MN to as far se as off the se coast and everything in between. Probably the biggest spread i have seen among it's ensemble members at this range since i started following them.

Quite the winter renaissance looks to be in the cards. Kinda had doubts last week with the warmth, but you pretty much nailed this call Harry. Nice job.

I was wondering when you were gonna show up lol nothing like a T-Snow/Chi Storm/Alek bullseye FTW

Psh gotta throw in us Michigan folk too :P

Btw I work Tuesday Evening, so you can bet your ass we are getting some sort of storm. Can't let a week go without me getting snow or thunderstorms.

The clowns agree.

CONUS2_GFS0P5_SFC_ACCUM-SNOW_120HR.gif

I was wondering when you were gonna show up lol nothing like a T-Snow/Chi Storm/Alek bullseye FTW

the gfs has been throwing out fantasy storms at this range like mad. it has no agreement and little climo support, so it's probably not happening. this spring is starting to suck, cold and damp ftl

2/20...pretty dead on hit for Detroit with 10" of snow and thundersnow, along with a slew of smaller events that were better hits for Detroit than other locations, so I don't know why you're thinking this.

Would be nice to see a track on the 12z gfs. Also would be nice to see detroit in in the bullseye for the last possible storm of the winter. Have side swiped our way to a nice winter.

2/20...pretty dead on hit for Detroit with 10" of snow and thundersnow, along with a slew of smaller events that were better hits for Detroit than other locations, so I don't know why you're thinking this.

I am talking about the city itself and more about the bigger events. I should have been more specific. Detroit was right on the border (they were expecting mostly sleet and ice) line of that 10 inch storm. Totals of 15-20 were found further west in the plains so detroit wasn't in the bullseye. Also the track of that storm was up in the air (more than most storms this winter) until it happened. As far as the bigger storms (8 inches plus) detroit hasn't gotten close to the bullseye. BY no means is this complaining, but just saying.

I am talking about the city itself and more about the bigger events. I should have been more specific. Detroit was right on the border (they were expecting mostly sleet and ice) line of that 10 inch storm. Totals of 15-20 were found further west in the plains so detroit wasn't in the bullseye. Also the track of that storm was up in the air (more than most storms this winter) until it happened. As far as the bigger storms (8 inches plus) detroit hasn't gotten close to the bullseye. BY no means is this complaining, but just saying.

lol...you want side swiping your way to a good winter...look no further than me.

Pretty laughable that we've been missed with decent snow in pretty much every direction recently; ie. Feb. 20, Mar. 9, this most recent storm passing north, the one last week that went through Missouri, and the ones in the near future that will give snow south of here of all places. I didn't think we'd have to pay for the GHD blizzard this much.

Look at our Climo though....we don't live in a area favorable for 12"+ especially 15-20" which is happened only a handful of times....I'm sure Josh could give you a better history though.

lol...you want side swiping your way to a good winter...look no further than me.

lol no doubt other places had it worse, but some had it better. How about the drought of snow storms in the NYC, boston, I95 corridor since about january. They started off like 40-50 inches ahead of us and now we are probably almost even. Even minneapolis was ahead 50 inches and now they are only 10-15 ahead of us. Hoping we can go out with a bang. Just took dog for a mile walk and froze my nuts off.

Pretty laughable that we've been missed with decent snow in pretty much every direction recently; ie. Feb. 20, Mar. 9, this most recent storm passing north, the one last week that went through Missouri, and the ones in the near future that will give snow south of here of all places. I didn't think we'd have to pay for the GHD blizzard this much.

LOL! I have missed out on every single one of those events. It has been so dry up here lately

Look at our Climo though....we don't live in a area favorable for 12"+ especially 15-20" which is happened only a handful of times....I'm sure Josh could give you a better history though.

Haha yea Josh always brings me back down to earth. I understand climate and all but even here in the northern suburbs (where bigger snows are more likely) we are lacking a 12+ storm. Chicago's and MSP's climate I dont believe favors 15-20+ either and we all know what happened there with the GHD storm, Dec 12th, feb 20th, etc. Havent seen a low come out of the four corners, central plains and take a track of what the 12z GFS showed today with this topic storm. So it would be nice to get one

Archived