Toothache
March 26th-28th winter storm potential

Thundersnow12

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DSM AFD

Looking good here in SE Iowa.

.LONG TERM /THURSDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY/...

PERIOD BEGINS WITH MS VALLEY HIGH PRESSURE THURSDAY AND ATTENTION

TURNING TO WRN LONG WAVE TROUGH AND ASSOCIATED LEAD SHORT WAVE.

INITIAL WAVE OF CONCERN IS STILL WELL OFF CA COAST LATE THIS

AFTERNOON BUT IS EXPECTED TO REACH THE CENTRAL PLAINS THU EVENING.

THIS INCREASES DEEP FORCING AND SATURATION WHICH HAS RESULTED IN

LIKELY POPS CLOSER TO BETTER UVM TOWARD MO BORDER. H85/H7 TROUGH

THEN LINGERS INTO THE WEEKEND UNTIL LOW PASSAGE LATE SATURDAY

FINALLY DIMINISHES PRECIP CHANCES. AFTER EARLY FRIDAY QG FORCING

WANES EVEN THOUGH MOISTURE BELOW 3KM LINGERS SO DROPPED POPS BACK

INTO CHANCE CATEGORY. THERE IS DISAGREEMENT BETWEEN THE MODELS

HOWEVER WITH 12Z ECMWF/NAM PLACING GREATER EMPHASIS INTO MO WHILE

12Z GFS AND NOW 15Z SREF NUDGING FARTHER NORTH INTO IA. 12Z GFS

COBB SNOW AMOUNTS ARE QUITE IMPRESSIVE...UP TO A FOOT IN SPOTS...BUT

OBVIOUSLY HAVE NOT JUMPED ON THAT UNTIL MODELS CONVERGE MORE ON A

CONSENSUS.

JET REMAINS WELL TO OUR SOUTH INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK WITH IA ON THE

NRN FRINGE OF STORM TRACK. MAIN PRECIP WINDOW APPEARS TO BE MON

INTO TUE...BUT MAINLY OVER SRN IA. TEMPS WILL REMAIN AT OR BELOW

NORMAL THROUGH THE PERIOD WITH RECENT WARMING ALL BUT GONE FOR THE

TIME BEING.

I don't care what anyone says, we're about due here in SE Wisconsin, especially near the lake, for a sizable event. We have not had a system bring us more than 4 or 5 inches at a time since the blizzard. Given the many systems since then that have given areas just to our north or south snow, it would be nice to have a favorable event here.

I don't care what anyone says, we're about due here in SE Wisconsin, especially near the lake, for a sizable event. We have not had a system bring us more than 4 or 5 inches at a time since the blizzard. Given the many systems since then that have given areas just to our north or south snow, it would be nice to have a favorable event here.

Try Hoosier's thread. I got little hope for you with this one.

Really hoping we see a north trend a little. As snowy as winter has been I would be ready to welcome spring if it was warm. BUT its as far from warm as you can get, upper air #s are close to record lows in fact in the coming days, and itd be a shame not to get any snow with so much unseasonable cold. Lets at least move DTW from 6th snowiest to 5th snowiest winter with so much winter-like air around!

Really hoping we see a north trend a little. As snowy as winter has been I would be ready to welcome spring if it was warm. BUT its as far from warm as you can get, upper air #s are close to record lows in fact in the coming days, and itd be a shame not to get any snow with so much unseasonable cold. Lets at least move DTW from 6th snowiest to 5th snowiest winter with so much winter-like air around!

You're such an icep*ssy.

Exactly why I'm starting to get impatient to receive one last hurrah. With the average high looking to be close to 30 in the next seven days, it would be the worst case scenario to see it cold and dry. If it's not going to snow in the next several days, it might as well torch. Of course, it looks like it will do neither.

I hope for a wide miss south. Kokomo is playing at Conseco in the 4A game on Saturday night and I would rather not see a bunch of frenzied fans driving home in wintry conditions.

Remember what happened the last time a central Indiana poster rooted against snow? :whistle:

I'm locking in 2-4" now. :P

Archived