Newest Member
    Toothache
March 26th-28th winter storm potential

Thundersnow12

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So awesome that this one will miss to the south of all things. :arrowhead:

Complete LAF failure at not getting to 50"...

It's still close enough to watch, but yeah, if this whiffs to the south then it will start to solidify my B+ grade (unless something else comes along).

It's still close enough to watch, but yeah, if this whiffs to the south then it will start to solidify my B+ grade (unless something else comes along).

I may have to downgrade. ;)

Seriously though, this is getting a little dumb with what looks like the second miss in March to the south. Must be mother nature putting LAF back in its place. :lol:

This cold/dry air is very impressive for this time of the year..

Yeah with 850 temps -7 that is very impressive. Also, cannot remember to many times this time of year where storms like the upcoming weekend event are so suppressesd to the south, like south of I-70 in Mo/Il, that's pretty wild, some mean ass cold air, if this was Jan fuggedabuoutit.

GFS and NAM give STL about 3-4 inches of snow. maybe more at night..with temps crashing into the upper 20s with some snowpack its nuts..the next day might be very cold with that much snow to melt even in late March since the overall airmass after this wave is very cold.

with snow pack NAM and GFS model temps are well below freezing each night spending quite a long time below freezing.

and it may not pick up on the new snow impact with the very cold mid level air-mass.

Nam has -6 to -7C/925mb temps here Sunday after snowfall.

we would could easily end up below freezing, would be way below the average low for this time of year and possibly over 30F below normal for highs.

we may also see lows in the low 20s..

record lows here is 15 on Sunday.

probably not ideal for that. But maybe low 20s.

Historic as in 3-6 inches.

but a nice band of snow with 30-40dbz pure snow returns...

snow is heavy and accumulating everywhere, now some roads are getting snow on them even in day light.

my local temp is 31.7 it was down to 30.9 earlier.

so it's COLD enough for daytime late March accums.

mid level cold air will filter in all afternoon raising LSR some even in the face of the sun.

that thread was about this taking place over a large region.

I figured no one would really care that snow is falling in MO.

Did not want to rub salt in any woulds if anyone even cared at this point.

The thread wasn't even being used.

No point at all in creating a new thread.

Some very nice mesoscale banding going on down there. Noticed a few lightning strikes earlier, looks like some CSI release going on to help things along.

Unfortunately, I missed out on the thunder. However, SW STL County has definitely had some nice thundersnow. While I missed the TSSN, I did get to see 2"/hr rates.

Archived