• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
3/23-3/24 threat OBS

LVblizzard

Anyone whining about a couple of inches of snow/sleet in late March needs to have their weenie license revoked (now, if you got very little or nothing, that's a different story).

Frankly, I was more excited about the thundersleet that occurred last night than the "potential" for snow. It's Spring...not winter...would rather something more exciting than late season snow that'll melt in hours or a day. Just my humble opinion.

Twitter was blowing up from all the reports of it too...

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frankly, I was more excited about the thundersleet that occurred last night than the "potential" for snow. It's Spring...not winter...would rather something more exciting than late season snow that'll melt in hours or a day. Just my humble opinion.

Twitter was blowing up from all the reports of it too...

We had it here too, but I'm so sick all I did was watch it out the window. It was pretty cool though. I agree about it being spring and not wanting snow. I just want everything to dry out. The haul roads I run on in the mines are more like swamps right now.

I drove home from work at around 915 pm. It was the first time i EVER drove in thundersnow! Amazing! 1/8 mile VIS and it covered the roads in minutes. Epic! Was heavy wet snow that stuck to my car in the parking lot before I left and it just plastered the roads ( including the highly traveled I78). Then as I got closer to my condo, it was a mix of Snow and PL (heavy PL actually). Quite a great drive on my way home. Thank goodness for great tires on my new dodge charger. I never drove in that kind of snow. I've seen TSSN while inside my condo, but never drove in it. Quite a site. This was all along I78 in hunterdon county, NJ. Good stuff. It looks to have wind down here tnt tho. Not much more than 2-4 inches, but a great storm overall.

Thundersnow in a Dodge Charger sounds like a potential disaster. Glad you didn't have any issues. I've had a few occasions with my rear-wheel drive vehicle and a covering of snow where I thought I wasn't going to make it.

finally made it to the cabin cam after a busy morning. looks like about a foot total.....

In the valley end of the county, they had 2.5 to 3.0 inches. This was less of an elevation dependent storm than average for late March, but it helped (also helped to get into that morning band yesterday).

In the valley end of the county, they had 2.5 to 3.0 inches. This was less of an elevation dependent storm than average for late March, but it helped (also helped to get into that morning band yesterday).

Such a narrow band... friend of mine in Hewitt, northern Passaic only had an inch as of yesterday evening...

Archived