• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/23-3/24 threat OBS

LVblizzard

Most models are showing a moderate winter storm for at least the northern half of the region. Today's Euro was snowy along I-78 and the DGEX buried Voyager's house. And look at the latest SREF probs from the 21z run:

post-611-0-38595700-1300586866.gif

It's shaping up to be a wintry start of spring. This looks to be a legit threat to add to some people's snow totals.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most models are showing a moderate winter storm for at least the northern half of the region. Today's Euro was snowy along I-78 and the DGEX buried Voyager's house. And look at the latest SREF probs from the 21z run:

post-611-0-38595700-1300586866.gif

It's shaping up to be a wintry start of spring. This looks to be a legit threat to add to some people's snow totals.

You know, if this was a month ago, this storm would be construed an epic storm to a lot of Philly and Jersey posters. But because this storm as an inland runner, nobody cares. I hope it dumps a foot

You know, if this was a month ago, this storm would be construed an epic storm to a lot of Philly and Jersey posters. But because this storm as an inland runner, nobody cares. I hope it dumps a foot

It's not really an inland runner per se, since it actually slides south of us.

I've been waiting for one of these for a long time, where everyone gets roughly the same QPF and there aren't any sharp cut-offs and upstate whining. too bad it's late March now, lol

No one in PA is gonna like the 0z EURO.. takes the low across PA.. maybe some front end dump on the poconos..996 over northern OH will bring in some decent WAA as it traverses from there to the coast..

Yep ..correct..its well north of its 12 Z run and not only warmer at the surface but warmer at the 850 level as well...Not a good run for those that were looking at snow out of this system...

EVen places like AVP are much warmer and might be just rain as well and also lower on the QPF...

No one in PA is gonna like the 0z EURO.. takes the low across PA.. maybe some front end dump on the poconos..996 over northern OH will bring in some decent WAA as it traverses from there to the coast..

:lol:

The last time there was a similar look to the pattern (last Feb with the 2/21 event) the Euro was suppressed and then came back north as the ridge was a bit stronger than initially modeled. We're getting that same look again, perhaps?

North trend FTW? (except for those who like snow in late March)

30s and rain isn't exactly a better alternative.

For me it is. At least with the rain, once it stops, drying can begin. With any kind of accumulating snow, you have the snow melt and run-off for a few days, or even longer, which keeps things (like the haul roads in the mines) wet and muddy much longer.

It's not really an inland runner per se, since it actually slides south of us.

I've been waiting for one of these for a long time, where everyone gets roughly the same QPF and there aren't any sharp cut-offs and upstate whining. too bad it's late March now, lol

This time, if you want snow, there'll likely be downstate whining.

Archived