• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
3/23-3/24 threat OBS

LVblizzard

+1 million...there was a guy on there Northeaster trying to compare next week to Boxing Day storm totals, even now they are hyped about tonights soon to be dying event

I just reported one of his posts where he said "thank god" pazzo was supposed to be flying to Texas or something

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no wonder why I drink.. you ask a queston in there,, its ignored.. us folks from somerset cty are in no mans land

[/quote

i just post in both to cover all basis.

After the bs being spewed in there tonight, maybe you better post exclusively in here, lol. They still haven't stopped. I don't know who's worse, nzucker with his Upton trashing, when he's dead wrong, or the people wishcasting.

After the bs being spewed in there tonight, maybe you better post exclusively in here, lol. They still haven't stopped. I don't know who's worse, nzucker with his Upton trashing, when he's dead wrong, or the people wishcasting.

That's why I was such a proponent of splitting up NYC/PHL and was shocked so many here were so outraged over the split. Anyway, I'll definitely take the quality over quantity in this forum.

Encountered the thundersleet/hail on the PA turnpike around 8....at home there is (was) a covering of either hail or sleet on the deck, not sure which.

Anyone whining about a couple of inches of snow/sleet in late March needs to have their weenie license revoked (now, if you got very little or nothing, that's a different story). Tonight, I drove from Metuchen to RU's Busch Campus in Piscataway for a grad school/industry panel discussion (eng'g) between 7:45 pm and 8:05 pm and I drove through an amazing band of serious thundersleet the whole way. The sleet was pouring down and I could hear the rumble of thunder and see the flashes of lightning overhead - amazing. Roads got icy quickly. Our discussion was over by about 9:45 pm and when I came out there was about 1/2" of sleet/snow on the ground (looks like it must've snowed some) and the drive home was pretty slick. Temps were 32F the whole drive back and it was a mixture of light freezing rain and snow falling - could be a little icy tomorrow am (before sunrise, mostly) if temps drop another degree or two and we get some more freezing rain. All in all, 2.5" of snow this morning and 1/2" of sleet/snow this evening is a pretty damn good "spring" day. And maybe we'll get lucky and get a little more overnight...

I guess I didn't need to take back my disbelief of the NAM's precip blob after all... only 0.16" since late this afternoon at TTN. It was much closer to the EC it would appear. Since the GFS ended up erroneously leaning toward the NAM, GFS fails too. EC FTW.

Elevated instability. Essentially its as if the ground is the warm front (which extends vertically and horizontally into the atmosphere). Above the front, its unstable.

That's it, a warm front? So ho-hum. Was thinking you'd throw around a few severe weather terms like helicity, shear, and inversion layer.

I tell ya.....pro mets these days are just a bunch of slackers. :rolleyes::P

that guy already won weenie of the year for 2011, 2012 and 2013.

:lol:

That's it, a warm front? So ho-hum. Was thinking you'd throw around a few severe weather terms like helicity, shear, and inversion layer.

I tell ya.....pro mets these days are just a bunch of slackers. :rolleyes::P

:lol:

:lol: Well I thought you were wondering about the oddity of the fact there were t-storms at such cold surface temps, so that's what I explained. ;)

I drove home from work at around 915 pm. It was the first time i EVER drove in thundersnow! Amazing! 1/8 mile VIS and it covered the roads in minutes. Epic! Was heavy wet snow that stuck to my car in the parking lot before I left and it just plastered the roads ( including the highly traveled I78). Then as I got closer to my condo, it was a mix of Snow and PL (heavy PL actually). Quite a great drive on my way home. Thank goodness for great tires on my new dodge charger. I never drove in that kind of snow. I've seen TSSN while inside my condo, but never drove in it. Quite a site. This was all along I78 in hunterdon county, NJ. Good stuff. It looks to have wind down here tnt tho. Not much more than 2-4 inches, but a great storm overall.

Archived