• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
3/23-3/24 threat OBS

LVblizzard

<br />So...the stuff coming from the west looks a bit wicked.  Will this result in a temperature rise in eastern PA or will we see this as frozen?<br />

Temps aloft are pretty mild outside of the mtns...it'll be rain south of the tunnel...probably not severe storms but rumbles of thunder are certainly doable.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...the stuff coming from the west looks a bit wicked. Will this result in a temperature rise in eastern PA or will we see this as frozen?

Except for the Pocs, most places are above freezing. I tend to think, given whats going on now, that places already at least a few degrees above freezing will see this mainly as liquid.

AFD says

WE WILL
LEAVE THE SNOW STORM TOTAL GRAPHIC ON THE WEB AND CONSIDER IT SNOW
THAT BOTH ALREADY HAS OCCURRED AND FUTURE SNOW (TONIGHT).

Thanks, Ray. Gotta say, those snowfall maps don't show the contrast well to tell the gradations within a color, i.e., the "purple" straddles about 2.2 to 4.6" as far as I can tell from the graphic bar, but it's really hard to see where one is within that band. I would think it would simply be easier to use more than 5 colors to denote a spread from 0-12". Also, seems odd they wouldn't have the colors start at "round" numbers (why do 2.2-4.6" instead of 2-4"?).

Just started sleeting on my window at work here in Rahway - surprised - love that sound...

Except for the Pocs, most places are above freezing. I tend to think, given whats going on now, that places already at least a few degrees above freezing will see this mainly as liquid.

bummer...I was hoping that since it was heavier it would be frozen....oh well...it's march

Just noticed also we've dropped back 2 dgs.in an hour to 29.7...I 'm a wee bit confused by the forecast 4/8 "Total" w/1or 2 more tonight + Thurs.AM...we've already recieved looks like a general 6 to 9 I've seen in S.Poc.'s(Carbon/Monroe/Sussex)...Soo if only 1 or 2 more w/no mention of Fr.Rain,that's just advisory criteria going forth...seems to me if it's not gonna Snow more the big problem could be Ice...the 2nd part of the storm to me just seems late,copious moisture building W,rapidly...

What's everyones thoughts in storms making it to the disco area? On my iPhone so I don't have the best info access.

IMO, all depends on how fast the warm front comes north. I think we may get some storms later, but by no means the type of severe they're seeing in W PA and such. Big test will be what the storms near Hagerstown do once they cross east of the warm front.

Thanks, Ray. Gotta say, those snowfall maps don't show the contrast well to tell the gradations within a color, i.e., the "purple" straddles about 2.2 to 4.6" as far as I can tell from the graphic bar, but it's really hard to see where one is within that band. I would think it would simply be easier to use more than 5 colors to denote a spread from 0-12". Also, seems odd they wouldn't have the colors start at "round" numbers (why do 2.2-4.6" instead of 2-4"?).

Just started sleeting on my window at work here in Rahway - surprised - love that sound...

We have gotten some comments regarding our storm total snowfall graphic. We are planning to make changes after further review, which will be implemented starting next winter.

WOW WHAT A DAY!

We got quite a bit of wet snow this morning, more than I expected.

And just a minute ago.... FLASH... BOOM... and the skies opened up with hail. :lmao:

Freshly plowed driveway is now covered in hail. :thumbsup:

Now it changed from hail to sleet. I'm sure at first it was a hail/sleet mix. They were big pellets.

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ

653 PM EDT WED MAR 23 2011

DEZ001>004-MDZ008-012-015-019-020-NJZ001-007>010-012>027-PAZ054-055-

060>062-067>071-240045-

ATLANTIC NJ-ATLANTIC COASTAL CAPE MAY NJ-BERKS PA-BUCKS PA-CAMDEN NJ-

CAPE MAY NJ-CARBON PA-CAROLINE MD-CECIL MD-CHESTER PA-

COASTAL ATLANTIC NJ-COASTAL OCEAN NJ-CUMBERLAND NJ-DELAWARE PA-

DELAWARE BEACHES DE-EASTERN MONMOUTH NJ-GLOUCESTER NJ-HUNTERDON NJ-

INLAND SUSSEX DE-KENT MD-KENT DE-LEHIGH PA-MERCER NJ-MIDDLESEX NJ-

MONROE PA-MONTGOMERY PA-MORRIS NJ-NEW CASTLE DE-NORTHAMPTON PA-

NORTHWESTERN BURLINGTON NJ-OCEAN NJ-PHILADELPHIA PA-QUEEN ANNE`S MD-

SALEM NJ-SOMERSET NJ-SOUTHEASTERN BURLINGTON NJ-SUSSEX NJ-TALBOT MD-

WARREN NJ-WESTERN MONMOUTH NJ-

653 PM EDT WED MAR 23 2011

ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WILL MOVE ACROSS THE REGION OVER THE NEXT FEW

HOURS. PEA TO DIME SIZED HAIL AND CLOUD TO GROUND LIGHTNING CAN BE

EXPECTED WITH ANY OF THESE THUNDERSTORMS.

Archived