• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
March 10 - March 11 Redux Event

tornadojay

lol.....live and learn.......Yeah the gradient was def sharp to the western side.....i know last nights euro run had us solidly over 2.....pretty much everyone from the city west....i wonder if that turn into the reality....last report i saw the city was at .40, so they def have some makin up to do.

Only 0.40? Wow. The last MARFC forecast I saw had us well over 2.5" and nearing the 3" that swallowed most of the NWrn 1/4 of NJ. Time will tell.

njwxnet-precip.png

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wind is definitely more impressive than I thought, even east of the line of heavy rain over LI.

Some peak gusts so far:

LGA -53 mph

JFK - 41 mph

ISP - 47 mph

Shinnecock Inlet (South Fork of LI) - 45 mph

That's normal though-- we usually get very high winds even when the low tracks to our west and the heavy rain misses us. Up to 0.64 here now.

Pretty heavy windswept rain at the moment.

This storm is very similar to the last. On and off moderate to heavy showers with lots of wind.

It seems like the past month we've had winds of wind advisory level like every other day. I'm tired of the wind and bad hair days.

That plume of moisture moving into S NJ looks pretty menacing as well...there's also a band of heavier rainfall near Plainfield developing which may train over some areas of the metro...

So much for the bust and over-exaggeration of flooding concerns. Recent MARFC forecast put this as being close to 1984's "HISTORIC" flood in the Passaic River basin. This will affect a wide area and a whole hell of a lot of Metro area citizens. You'll undoubtedly come back with some ridiculous response as to how you never said this was being over-hyped. As I said before, you should volunteer your time and come down here to help the people who have to now deal with this and see the pain for yourself. I think you at least owe an apology to Noreaster85 for riding him about this issue.

Seems to me 1.5-3 inches is the general rainfall amount, so a pretty solid rain event, something I wouldn't mind having now here in southern UK!

Cool to see some reports of 5 inches!

Id say big gradient in rainfall totals for sure as well. I saw only light rain the whole day yesterday and overnight when meanwhile jersey saw 2" plus.....hope all is well though for jersey residents that have experienced flooding with this storm, great storm but the damage from it is for sure the worst part about it

Archived