Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
March 10 - March 11 Redux Event

tornadojay

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About to drive down Riverside Ave in Lyndhurst along the Passaic River. High tide is around midnight, so I'm curious to see how high the river is. It looks like another 2"+ of rain is a good bet overnight. Things are gonna get ugly for many areas tomorrow. I'm just hoping I don't wake up to 3-4ft of water in my basement like I did in 2007. arrowheadsmiley.png

About to drive down Riverside Ave in Lyndhurst along the Passaic River. High tide is around midnight, so I'm curious to see how high the river is. It looks like another 2"+ of rain is a good bet overnight. Things are gonna get ugly for many areas tomorrow. I'm just hoping I don't wake up to 3-4ft of water in my basement like I did in 2007. arrowheadsmiley.png

lol good luck man, not gonna be a good night with radar igniting down south and swinging up our way..

That plume of moisture moving into S NJ looks pretty menacing as well...there's also a band of heavier rainfall near Plainfield developing which may train over some areas of the metro...

Yeah i think we are going to get rock overnight.....HM(the good one) posted somthing in the philly mid rang thread you might want to read or disscuss.

Sorry to hear that jake.....

Eh, no big deal. I'm used to my basement flooding back in Jersey City. We have our air conditioners stored down there (not much else), and I tried to move it and water came gushing out of it onto me, so I guess that ship already sailed.... and my laundry is trapped in the washing machine, but that's my own mistake. :lol:

The models had us right on the very sharp gradient between 3-4" and 1-2" so I'm really not too sure what to wind up expecting. We'll clearly make it to 2" but we'll see about 3". Parts of NW NJ are nearing 4" already though - big problems there.

Eh, no big deal. I'm used to my basement flooding back in Jersey City. We have our air conditioners stored down there (not much else), and I tried to move it and water came gushing out of it onto me, so I guess that ship already sailed.... and my laundry is trapped in the washing machine, but that's my own mistake. :lol:

The models had us right on the very sharp gradient between 3-4" and 1-2" so I'm really not too sure what to wind up expecting. We'll clearly make it to 2" but we'll see about 3". Parts of NW NJ are nearing 4" already though - big problems there.

lol.....live and learn.......Yeah the gradient was def sharp to the western side.....i know last nights euro run had us solidly over 2.....pretty much everyone from the city west....i wonder if that turn into the reality....last report i saw the city was at .40, so they def have some makin up to do.

we went around earlier knocking on peoples doors telling them it's time to go and alot of them told us the river was not forecasted to get that high and that they were staying...well as feared its rising much faster than forecast.

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=phi&gage=pppn4&view=1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1"

Archived