Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
March 10 - March 11 Redux Event

tornadojay

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heavy rain really beginning to develop now on radar, we should start getting into the heart of the storm over the next 1-2 hours which should continue into tomorrow morning.

Looks like most of NJ will be in a relative dry slot for awhile....

-

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=DIX&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

-

Light rain here in Western CT- .08 on the day so far...

Heavy rain really beginning to develop now on radar, we should start getting into the heart of the storm over the next 1-2 hours which should continue into tomorrow morning.

?

The radar looks horrible for heavy rainfall: NYC/NJ is sitting in a huge dryslot, and all of the heavy echoes over E PA are moving northwards, not towards our area. This event is starting to look like a bust. Sure it will rain more when the squall line comes through, but certainly all this talk about "life-threatening" and "historic" flooding is an exaggeration. Not doing anything across most of Jersey right now except for some light showers.

?

The radar looks horrible for heavy rainfall: NYC/NJ is sitting in a huge dryslot, and all of the heavy echoes over E PA are moving northwards, not towards our area. This event is starting to look like a bust. Sure it will rain more when the squall line comes through, but certainly all this talk about "life-threatening" and "historic" flooding is an exaggeration. Not doing anything across most of Jersey right now except for some light showers.

LOL-read the post above yours....:whistle:

Take a look at the Mt. Holly radar. Echos over north Jersey much more impressive than the Upton Radar indicates. Also, the rivers right now are rising steadily, with a ton of more rain to come. People who call bust before the heart of the event is even forecasted to arrive should be 5 posted.

Take a look at the Mt. Holly radar. Echos over north Jersey much more impressive than the Upton Radar indicates. Also, the rivers right now are rising steadily, with a ton of more rain to come. People who call bust before the heart of the event is even forecasted to arrive should be 5 posted.

That's light to moderate rain over NNJ, scattered showers. You can see the gaps in between the banding. The rest of the state is in a dryslot.

All the heavier echoes are moving into NE PA and missing the metro area. Totals will depend on how much of that banding slips east, but it probably won't be nearly as heavy when it arrives as originally.

And honestly, I think a lot of people here would like to 5-post you. Why do you think no one is allowed to argue with your interpretation of this event? Why are you the only one who can make comments?

Bit of a dissapointing event so far here.

Only .24" of rain and it looks like the best precipitation will stay to the west of NYC and CT. Have to check mesoanalysis but it looks like a bust here.

I havent read through the thread at all, are other people also seeing low totals?

I have less than half an inch, rain has been spotty all day.

Only .24" of rain and it looks like the best precipitation will stay to the west of NYC and CT. Have to check mesoanalysis but it looks like a bust here.

I havent read through the thread at all, are other people also seeing low totals?

The heavier totals weren't forecast until tonight into early Friday am.

you can say whatever you want, I'm just tired of people always calling bust when the heart of the event has not arrived. That's not a fifteen minute squall line that's forecasted to move through either.

People need to give things time. We have a long way to go on this one.

I live near you and I have a moderate, steady rain. I don't know why people are complaining. Do they not identify the set-up we have right now. These slow-moving frontal events with a strong low pressure that rides to west of the area usually dump copious amounts of rain as well as a high pressure that continues to slow the fronts progression. If this was summer, we'd be talking about record rainfalls right now. We have awhile before the front and heaviest rain comes through the area. Cheack out those Thunderstorms in Central Virginia, NC, and SC. Its a line that extends all the way into the Atlantic. That's coming up here guys, and its going to have very heavy rain and strong winds with it.

I recommend reading through the thread and realizing that the heaviest rains weren't expected until much later this evening for the NYC-area. Sheesh.

?

Okay, mountain boy, maybe you're above the cloud tops where you live but I've had around an inch of precip so far here. The "dry slot" lasted for a good half hour and it's now raining moderately again. All this talk about "life threatening" and such may not happen in your own little elevated world but it is very real here and is not being exaggerated at all. Why don't you come down off the mountain top and help out all of these people as they try to cope with the made up disaster you are talking about and tell them they're just overblowing the situation and it's really not that bad. How ignorant you are.

Radar filling in nicely now...Western CT SE NY and North Jersey will be under the gun in a couple of hours

yeah its going to come down in buckets tonight over North Jersey as radar begins to fill in and strengthen, along with a strong fetch off the ocean, the busts talk in here is funny but maybe they have not been following the models over the last few days to know exactly what would be going down. There is more fighting in here during a rainstorm then a snowstorm suprisingly :arrowhead:

Archived