wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
March 10 - March 11 Redux Event

tornadojay

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How am I trolling? The media and everyone I have bumped into is talking like this is the worst storm to hit us in a while.

How can you say "big deal" when people are going to be experiencing major to historic flooding? If you don't live in a flood plain, no rain storm is really a big deal no matter how much falls.

How am I trolling? The media and everyone I have bumped into is talking like this is the worst storm to hit us in a while.

its going to be a nightmare for North Jersey SE NY and perhaps into western CT given how high the rivers are and saturated ground...news media is not that far off with the hype here....

But the media is hyping it as a big deal for NYC, 40 mph winds, driving torrential rains, umbrellas not working, people stepping in puddles. After the cataclysmic winter they had how will the city survive. Is this caused by global warming? Is this what the future holds?

You know they live for this stuff.

How can you say "big deal" when people are going to be experiencing major to historic flooding? If you don't live in a flood plain, no rain storm is really a big deal no matter how much falls.

big deal 1-2" of rain

What an awful post. Mount Holly's latest AFD even addresses the seriousness of it:

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH TONIGHT/...LATEST RADAR SHOWS AN AREA OF PRECIP ACRS MAINLY PA AND NJ, WITH ABIT OF A LULL OVER DE, AND SOME MORE PRECIP BETWEEN DC AND BALT,WITH A BIT OF A BREAK BEHIND THAT. HOWEVER, ADDITIONAL PRECIP ISEXPECTED TO DEVELOP AND WE ARE GOING TO BE IN FOR A VERY WETPERIOD AS MOISTURE PUMPS NORTH AHEAD OF THE APPROACHING FRONT. NOREASON TO CHANGE THE FLOOD WATCH AT THIS TIME. IT WILL REMAIN INEFFECT UNTIL 8 AM FRIDAY MORNING. MODERATE TO HEAVY RAIN WILL MOVEINTO OUR AREA TODAY. THE HEAVIEST IS FORECAST TO OCCUR EARLYTONIGHT AS THE FRONTAL ZONE MOVES IN. AN ISOLATED THUNDERSTORM ORTWO CAN NOT BE RULED OUT, ESPECIALLY IN OUR SOUTHERN AREAS.RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF 2 TO 3 INCHES WILL BE WIDESPREAD, WITH UP TO 4INCHES POSSIBLE, ESPECIALLY FROM THE I-95 CORRIDOR N AND W. THESEAMOUNTS WILL PRODUCE MINOR TO MAJOR FLOODING ON THE MAJORITY OFOUR WATERWAYS. THIS WILL BE A WIDESPREAD FLOOD EVENT AND IT ISPOSSIBLE THAT SOME RIVERS AND STREAMS COULD APPROACH RECORDLEVELS. ANYONE LIVING IN OR NEAR A FLOOD PRONE AREA SHOULD REMAINALERT TODAY INTO FRIDAY FOR THE POSSIBILITY OF VERY HIGH WATER.EVEN THE MAJOR RIVERS IN OUR AREA WILL NOT BE SPARED, ESPECIALLYSINCE WATER LEVELS ARE STILL RUNNING HIGH FROM OUR LAST EPISODE.

What an awful post. Mount Holly's latest AFD even addresses the seriousness of it:

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH TONIGHT/...LATEST RADAR SHOWS AN AREA OF PRECIP ACRS MAINLY PA AND NJ, WITH ABIT OF A LULL OVER DE, AND SOME MORE PRECIP BETWEEN DC AND BALT,WITH A BIT OF A BREAK BEHIND THAT. HOWEVER, ADDITIONAL PRECIP ISEXPECTED TO DEVELOP AND WE ARE GOING TO BE IN FOR A VERY WETPERIOD AS MOISTURE PUMPS NORTH AHEAD OF THE APPROACHING FRONT. NOREASON TO CHANGE THE FLOOD WATCH AT THIS TIME. IT WILL REMAIN INEFFECT UNTIL 8 AM FRIDAY MORNING. MODERATE TO HEAVY RAIN WILL MOVEINTO OUR AREA TODAY. THE HEAVIEST IS FORECAST TO OCCUR EARLYTONIGHT AS THE FRONTAL ZONE MOVES IN. AN ISOLATED THUNDERSTORM ORTWO CAN NOT BE RULED OUT, ESPECIALLY IN OUR SOUTHERN AREAS.RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF 2 TO 3 INCHES WILL BE WIDESPREAD, WITH UP TO 4INCHES POSSIBLE, ESPECIALLY FROM THE I-95 CORRIDOR N AND W. THESEAMOUNTS WILL PRODUCE MINOR TO MAJOR FLOODING ON THE MAJORITY OFOUR WATERWAYS. THIS WILL BE A WIDESPREAD FLOOD EVENT AND IT ISPOSSIBLE THAT SOME RIVERS AND STREAMS COULD APPROACH RECORDLEVELS. ANYONE LIVING IN OR NEAR A FLOOD PRONE AREA SHOULD REMAINALERT TODAY INTO FRIDAY FOR THE POSSIBILITY OF VERY HIGH WATER.EVEN THE MAJOR RIVERS IN OUR AREA WILL NOT BE SPARED, ESPECIALLYSINCE WATER LEVELS ARE STILL RUNNING HIGH FROM OUR LAST EPISODE.

Agreed, if I was a mod he would have been sent on a vacation lol

Archived