Toothache
Last Freeze Contest

WxUSAF

Last freeze at:

DCA:

IAD:

BWI:

Tiebraker: High temperature at BWI on date of last freeze

1 point awarded for each day off the correct answer. Lowest score wins. Can choose dates in the past if you feel a certain location is not going to freeze again.

Contest closes 3/8 at midnight. Winner gets RESPECT :guitar:

• 3 weeks later...

All 3 airports were at 32 or below again this morning. Pazzo's already got 20 points for DCA alone :P If you believe the long range GFS, all 3 will see a few more freezes through the end of next week.

Haha I was banking on the river + UHI, ALMOST made it. DCA got down to 30 one night. Oh well.

Might as well post this here:

JB Today

"Later Today the Avenger will be taking a look at the monster Stratwarm event that is going on and why the month of April, even if we warm it in the south next week is liable to have renewed brutal cold in its mid section. Peter Cottontail may be hopping down a bunny trail covered in snow in most places that dont have it when Easter is as late as it is this year.. but that is for later."

Ooooh, can't wait.

Latest dates thus far:

DCA: 28 March

IAD: 3 April

BWI: 2 April

As of right now I'm winning :guitar:

Looks like maybe a chance at a freeze on Wednesday morning, but probably only for IAD and BWI. 6z GFS never gets the 2m 0C line south of us for the entire run, although a few mornings get into the 30s.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I think it's safe to say we've had our last freeze. The official last freezes by location:

IAD: 6 April

And the winner is...drum roll please...

ME!:thumbsup:

I had 11 points. Coming in a very close second was RICAirport at 13 points, followed by MNTransplant at 19.

By location, RICAirport was closest for DCA at only 2 days off, four people were four days off for IAD, and I hit BWI exactly right.

Anybody up for a first 90F reading contest?

Well, I think it's safe to say we've had our last freeze. The official last freezes by location:

I had 11 points. Coming in a very close second was RICAirport at 13 points, followed by MNTransplant at 19.

By location, RICAirport was closest for DCA at only 2 days off, four people were four days off for IAD, and I hit BWI exactly right.

Nicely done!

I forgot about this thread.

I didn't realize I was close for DCA. And along with IAD, we at RIC also had our last on April 6th. Lets do the first 90-contest.....I'd like to participate.

Archived