Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
march 5-7 potential heavy rain event

earthlight

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting temp gradients tonight as it's 17 degrees cooler in KPOU then it is in Danbury..

Wind just shifted to the north here in Westchester...pouring rain at 54.2/54

Wondering to what effect this wind shift (involving lower level air) and temp. contrast between KPOU and Danbury, might be related to the contour of the Hudson River Valley even into southern Westchester (despite the presence of the Hudson Highlands traversing this valley from northern Rockland into northern Westchester County). This flow would be consistent with the surface pressure gradient given the area of lowest surface pressure being over central Delmarva (Salisbury, Md. and Dover, Del.).

Most of the rivers in my area are now hitting flood stage or are about to. The Pompton River at Pompton Plains is rising at almost 1' per hour. They have raised the forecast crest three times today and its still rising faster than forecasted. Never a good sign to be entereing flood stage with precip still falling.

wow! So much for the drainage work they've done near the mall.. We really jackpoted with the rain for this event! incredible.

It seems like every few years they rip that whole section up and try again lol....

whatever they did over by us in Valley Cottage after Floyd and the storms in 03? seems to have worked for the most part...most of the flooding tonight was smaller streams and piss poor bldg construction....but everywhere was a mess.

It seems like every few years they rip that whole section up and try again lol....

whatever they did over by us in Valley Cottage after Floyd and the storms in 03? seems to have worked for the most part...most of the flooding tonight was smaller streams and piss poor bldg construction....but everywhere was a mess.

yea.. it is a mess by me.. My yard is completely flooded out and has streams running through it.. this kind of reminds me of the freak 6 inch flooding event back on August 22nd. That was absolutely unreal! It still looks like radar is developing some heavy showers just south of us.. We should be in the 4.50 - 5.00 inch range before all is set and done.

Archived